Any National Guard people in here?

its not so much to focus my life. its more just something i kinda thought of here and there that i kinda always had an incling to do. i pretty much know what i want to do school wise, and this would help me do it, and give me a year break between the bachelors and the masters(grad school) for architecture. the only problems im facing with joining right now, are that i will have to turn down an internship i was offered this summer for CADD, and i will be out of the car game exept for MAYBE august/september for the next two years lol…but that one doesnt bother me.

when i get some time ill PM 91crxSi and N2oJunkie…i dont get time for phone calls at what most people consider a decent hour.

OK

Im now 21 years old and a HS drop out ( i was smart but hated school…w/e)

I joined the guard the month i dropped out(may 04) and from that day the time was counting off of my contract. I shipped for basic 7 oct 2004 and returned to buffalo 1 april 05 after all of my schooling. That summer i was activated to guard train yards in NYC because of bomb threats. This summer i was outside of binghamton to help them out after their massive flood. And i am currently on activation for this winter storm.

The national guard is no longer a 1 weekend a month 2 weeks in the summer deal. Yeah you do that BUT you better expect to be activated for other stuff too.

I love what i do and if the offer was on the table i’d sign a contract to do 20+ years of it.

Now with that said here is an awsome side of the guard. I am a 63B ( wheeled vehicle mechanic) The guard has positions as technicians that work at the armory every day of the week as their full time job. As a 21 year old high school drop out with NO college at all im making well over $45grand a year between my weekends and this job that i love and would probably do for a lot less them im making now.

I’ll be at the connecticut street armory pretty much every week day. If you want to give me a call i can get you in touch with a good honest recruiter that can see what they car do with you

^ im in contact with a recruiter from the armory…his name is jason naperala. hes my best friends bro in law. i would propbably go as the wheeled vehicle mechanic as well.

As long as youre ready to go and pound sand, then youre good. :tup: Good luck with whatever you decide. If I were in your position, judging by what Ive read, I wouldnt do it. :gotme:

I’m up till 2am usually, don’t be shy

:word:

i am prepared to ship off if need be. but that wont come into play in my situation until 2yrs from now and i would enlist for a 3yr active contract with a 5yr inactive duty(in case the draft comes back). i do worry about possibly going off to war, but its something i would take pride in and i would go if called upon. its more of a challenge to myself that i know i can do it and want to just do it. i think it would be a really awesome experience and put me in a really good standing all said and done. i would be able to get out of debt, move out, pay for grad school, etc…all while doing something noble for my country and bettering myself. i need to kick myself up a notch, as i am extremely shy(flame me if you will) and i think this would be good for me. i just dont know how im going to break it to my parents, and may have to sell the focus cause i wont have anywhere to keep it.(o fucking well it hates me anyway)

Wait til 08 when shrub is gone from the white house. if the democrats get in you’re set unless NK or Iran actually get legit weaponry and a means to get it here

^ the way it would work out is by the time i finish boot camp and job training, bush would just be coming out of office, so it would work out well lol.

yea im in the NG you kno that…

I am in the NG thought you knew that …

Heeey, guess what! Good 'ol Uncle Sam raped me in the ass again :slight_smile: Stationed at Fort Benning, Georgia with the 3rd Infantry Division, a Mech unit. Im AIRBORNE stuck riding in BRADLEYS explain, please.

EDIT: oh, and we deploy in like 4-5 months. Iraq, here I come.

it was for that sig that said Me = Better than You.

and i’m working with him now :slight_smile: well for the next week

Nick, im active as you know, and a kid that went through AIT with me had the same exact problem, his chest was all jacked up and sunk in no offesne lol, but hes in and is doin good. So im sure itll be ok