Any one good with excel?

Its pretty easy if you stack your data vertically. They you can call out that row of data in any formula you want. You can also then drag that formula down to get a set of answers with different inputs…

That being said look for help online and try playing with it for a while. Its a pretty useful tool.

if sucks… you can only nest it like 8 times

it doesnt matter what way you stack it… as long as its consistent

lol if I had the time to play I would, but its due in 4hours. I thought it was going to be simple “add data, make graph, ???, profit” but this shit is nuts

little button on the top right called help, use it, it works well and is there for a reason.

I hate exel with a huge passion.

why excell is so fucking easy

:word: i taught myself how to use it when i was like 14 lol

i can see how its confusing tho if you’ve never opened the program.

I luckily have never had to use it during school, work whatever. I do have “excel for dummies” on hand though. :smiley:

How can I do averages?

=average(a1:a296;c3:c8)

etc

nvm, forgot I needed to add the =

No wonder you haven’t been on TF2…

I could’ve had this done for you by now, then more time for BOOSH pyro pwnage.

eff that shit. if i’m going to use those I might as well open Matlab.

I do excel programming as part of my job, I think its a lot of fun. Turn on the ipod and just go, the day will fly by.

IMO anyone doing anything remotely related to business for a career should at minimum have a decent working knowledge of excel.

Seriously excel is a must in business. The funny thing we have an executive assistant that does all of the formulas and such for all of our projects, I am really bad with that part… but if you tell me that you need a VBA application to make excel do an irish jig i can make it happen! I really don’t get how i have to look up simple tasks, but when it comes to the most complicated workbooks, I can have them done in about an hour (well I have had a project take a week, but that one is a fully customizable file based on the user that logs in and is somewhere around 4 mb.

mrexcel.com is a good help, as is Pearson consulting’s free articles when you are stuck.

BUMPPPPPP I need help again

I have a series of equations that I need build off each other and the answer of that set goes into the same set of equations, but in a different row. I know if you drag the box down, it will compute the same function but is there a way I can tell excel to take answer from box A, put it in box B, and use box B for the rest of the equations?

this will probably be easier if I just show what I need, we are given the first variable

(0.1) sqrt(0.1 x 1.8x10^-5) -log(sqrt(0.1 x 1.8x10^-5)) = 14–log(sqrt(0.1 x 1.8x10^-5))

now, for the next number, I need to use sqrt(0.1 x 1.8x10^-5) and so on. How do I do this?