Any one good with excel?

Just found out my chem lab has to be done in excel which I have NO experience using. Anyone on here decent at it so I can ask a few questions?

Yep.

Yup.

What has to be done?

Yes, post your question. Excel is wonderful.

Signing in.

In, but looks like you’re covered.

lol YES! alright well I have a few. Basically I have raw data which I need to apply different equations to. How do I select a a row of data and apply an equation to it? Let me start there lol

LOL you don’t know how to do this?

this is my first time needing to use the program, so no I dont

excel for dummies

If I have to learn it I will, F1 helps also, but I decided to ask nyspeed.

well start with one cell that has the raw data in it. From that cell move to where you want the data thats processed to be going. in the new cell type “=C5+8675309” C5 being the cell with the raw data…

now you can take that and copy and paste it along the line… so if you go down one it also references the raw data that is down one

Umm, if you’re in college, you need to buy Excel for Dummies.

no offense.

thanks ilc, let me work with that and see where it gets me

Damnit, things are not working. who wants to make some cash lol

like mentioned earlier, start with an = sign then type in your formula then when you need your number input use a parenthesis ( then just drag the cells you want to include and put an end parenthesis ). so if your formula for ex is to multiply some cells by 3 i believe it would be =3*(a1:a7), if you cant figure the drag feature out, you can always manually enter the cells also using a colon in between them.

If you want it i have the excel book from when i was forced to take the class (needed 1 credit to stay full time), i’ll give it to you. (it’s for excell 2003 specifically, but the formulas and stuff are similar to '07)

Or as everyone else, post your question.

thanks speed, that actually worked at got my first problem set done, thanks

chicks dig guys with sweet excel skillz.

-Wait for the fun with v or h lookups, if statements and all the other fun stuff

“if” are the bestest!

they’re not scary