any other wakeboarders on here?

for anyone that doesnt have a nice wake, place the trim up alittle, it will dip the back of the boat lower in the water, creating a bigger wake, if you have a load of people on there, sit them all in the back, if your boat sucks and doesnt get out of the water quick enough, tell them to sit in the front, once it planes out, tell them to move to the back. anything to get a nice wake and ride out of the boat!

^ Done all that. Bottom line, if you don’t have enough weight nothing makes for a good wake.

Jay where did you get that pylon?

http://www.bigairpylons.com/Wakeboard_Pylons.htm

I’ve been happy with it for how cheap it was compared to some others. Some of the components are starting to corrode a bit (the spin on clips) but nothing that would effect strength. It’s going on 8 years old now.

I still debate getting a tower because putting this up with a full boat of people is tricky, but the ability to stow it in the ski locker when not in use keeps winning out.

Get in line buddy! It’s all about who you know on the lake. :slight_smile:

I’m envious too! Wish it was mine.

lol yeah, you ! hahaha

id say wake size is more important than tower. i learned to go wake 2 wake and basics on an i/o. each boat likes the weight in different spots to create the best wake.

also technique is a huge part of being able to get good height. the biggest key is not to absorb the pop by bending your knees too much. You want a nice progressive edge at the wake. make sure you edge ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE WAKE… that is key. you dont want to cut hard and then let off last second. also with the knees thing, wakeboarding is the opposite of snowboarding. you dont try to ollie or spin right off the lip. just make a nice smooth cut into the wake, knees just slightly bent and you want to almost push into the wake. if you try to ollie, you will lose all pop and just skip across about 1-2 ft off the lip. and with spins, pop first and then spin. its all rope/handle control. i screwed around with 360’s on a trampoline and a rope first to get the hang of passing the handle. seemed to help b/c i learned toeside w2w 3’s after my first or second try.

crappy quality but you can see how not bent my knees are when im hitting the wake and also that i am still on edge right at the lip:

edit: wake is not huge here either so you can see how technique has a lot to do with getting good pop.
edit2: this was with only an extended pylon that was 3-4 ft taller than the reg pylon at most.

and a wakeskate for fun :

http://www.wakepics.com/out.php/image-wakeboarding-wakeskating-photos.jpg?x=9524&s=m&h=eb18044c23cd495ab82baa4d2b46ed6f

LMAO found some oldschool pics… i used to wear gloves sometimes:skunk:

i/o with no weight or pylon, right after the back of the transom.