Any Waterskiers Out There?

I know this may be a long-shot, but does anyone here ski?
I’ve got a ski boat, a new slalom ski, and I’ve been dying to get out more.

It would be great to get some people together that are interested in the sport.

Been going out every morning before work with a couple guys.
Figured I’d leave this here and see if it generates any interest:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7326/9411246344_7f42660da9_z.jpg

Awesome shot. I’ve gained a bit too much weight since my slalom skiing days but I still hit up the wakeboard a lot.

Grew up waterskiing in Northern Minnesota…been years since I’ve been out. River looks stupid calm in that shot.

The river is almost always calm that early in the morning.

What an awesome way to start the day, screw coffee.

wakeboarder here … not in buffalo though

What kind of boat are you running?

Yeah, it’s beautiful out there in the morning.
We make sure we’re on the water by 6:00 at the latest for that reason.
The only thing you have to contend with are the wakes from fishermen.

I’ve gotta give it to you wakeboarders though.
I can’t get comfortable with twisting at the waist to hold onto the rope.
I always catch an edge and eat it haha.

As for tow rigs, my boat is an older outboard style (1983 Baja 184SS,) which is good for the weekends when you get big rollers from big boats.
During the week when the water is perfect we ski behind an 1996 Tige pre 2100 wt which is a dream of a boat.

Here’s another couple from the morning:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5520/9411254826_e25e9d8602_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7377/9408489501_6fb929968c_z.jpg

If anybody is looking for a tow, let me know.
Even if you guys just want to see if you’ve still got it, I don’t mind giving it a couple tries haha.

nice, the Tige must be great to ride behind! they have terrible wakeboard wakes which I know probably makes them great slalom wakes.

Pat, I may take you up on that offer! I’ve attempted wakeboarding and I ate shit a lot lol. They said it’s like snowboarding but I can assure you that it is not like snowboarding IMO, haha.

Haha, yeah they’re really flat, and low spray at short line lengths.
I’ve seen people put wayyy too much balast in a boat like that, just to get a decent boarding wake.

And you’ve got my number G.

well I would probably qualify in the “way too much ballast” group. I run a minimum of 1500 pounds in my boat, and have been in boats running 2-3k pounds.

ballin’

i miss you pat

Yeah but I’m sure you use an actual wakeboard boat right?
If we did that with the Tige we’d be underwater haha.

Miss you too Walker!
I hope everything is going well out there.

Bad Bunny is such a well mannered gentleman.

I tried once… got anally violated by the lake we were on while trying to get up onto skis… after that… I’ll pass. I’d rather drive anyways.

yeah, it’s just a matter of freeboard though. My boat does just fine with ~1500 pounds and the boats that are running 3k+ are probably running a little low but they are definitely newer boats that are built with lots of freeboard. Plenty of people load up old ski boats to wakeboard behind, but it’s obviously not safe if you’re dipping the bow under water every time you slow down lol. Just got to be aware of how low you are sitting and how you are driving.

…not trying to be argumentative, just sayin…

example:

^ That’s a crazy picture. Talk about living on the edge.

yeah, seriously. he’s lucky it’s not an open bow boat, because he would have probably sunk it.

Haha, yep!
That’s what I’m talking about.
It’s crazy!

What do you board behind normally?