Any people with AZ license?

So life has been a wild ride with A LOT of ups and a lot more downs!! I am in the process of getting my AZ license. I am doing it because I need to pay off all my bills before I can start my main career on a clean debt free slate in about 2 years with a bit of savings to back me up! I dont want to be stuck driving a truck for the next million year because its not what I want to do long term. Does anybody here have their AZ and how you feel about the trucking industry. My dad is a truck driver and I have his point of view.

^ my stepfather is an instructor for AZ currently, has been a driving instructor for 15+ years…

its a tough gig, with the limiters, fuel prices, competition and shady individuals, and depending on what run you get it can be stessful, for example running toronto to winnpeg 2X a week in the winter months gets pretty hairy…

but on the other hand its a nice job with little supervision… and if you like the road you can earn to enjoy it…

but the feeling of jumping into a tiny car afterwards… always throws me off.

I think with the huge decline in factory work shifting to service based economy you will see a lot of competition for jobs like this,

My work is currently looking for drivers right now. Its in Milton and you only do like 8-10 hours runs, so your always able to go home after work.

I drive for a living now but at most in one day I do 600KM+ round trip. I am looking to upgrade because of the pay increase and with drive people not looking over my shoulder every minute.

Thanks for both your inputs. I have driving today at Metro Truck Driving. My instructor is pretty cool, I have picked up on differences of handling a truck and have been driving with the trailer. I must say its very easy for me because I am a hands on learner. I drive very smooth and don’t take a year to make a move driving the truck. Right now I am focused on fixing old bad driving habits to completely be ready for my test in few weeks.