Any places hiring???

Sure making $10.00 an hour to sling boxes into trucks. No thanks.
UPS is a joke.

WORD.

The problem today is that many people, young and old (mostly young), think that their time working is worth multiples of what it really is. They come out of college, ready to work for $100k+ a year with no experience and EXPECT that, or else they will decline positions. Meanwhile, they’re jobless as fuck, student loans out of the ass, and they’re refusing to work these mediocre jobs making $10 an hour. That’s what irks me the most. Sure, you got a degree in something, but that does not tell me that you actually know what the fuck you’re doing. Anyone can take classes and pass with flying colors if they try hard, but that doesn’t mean the learn shit. I’ve taken quite a few classes where aside from an A in the class, I took nothing away from it and if you quizzed me on the subject now, my answer to everything would be “go fuck yourself”.

People need to stop estimating what their time is worth. They simply are not in the position to do that.

Would you rather sit around with your hand in your pants all day while your student loan interest is piling up, or would you at least do something with your time, working a less-than-desirable job (knowing that in the future, your dream job can open up), but still have money in your pocket?

People can not be so picky in today’s time. Millions of people are settling for the job they have now simply because they need a job and realize they can’t make ends meet on unemployment, or by wasting their time doing whatever the fuck each day.

Companies today are also running at much higher efficiency than they were just five short years ago. This isn’t even due to changes in technology. It is because when the going got tough and they had to lay off a few people, they saw the same work getting done because employees realized if they didn’t work their ass off, they’d be out of a job too. So an employer is paying much less and getting the same amount of work done (or MORE). If you were an employer, would you want to hire someone unless you were 110% positive that their work for the company is worth $XXXXX, or would you rather stick with your current employees who get shit done?

/rant made by someone who sits on their ass most days, but pays their taxes, does not receive any benefits from state/federal government, and does not complain.

I guess I’ll assume you were doing #2.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d1064325-35cb-d9a8.jpg

KTHXBAI.

Work experience > college degree. The catch is you need a college degree to gain that (entry-level) experience. It should go without saying, but you almost always have to start from the bottom up, even if that means being an accountant at $18/hr.

Unfortunately many college grads don’t understand this concept end up working in jobs outside their field of study simply because the starting salary is higher.

Im excited to finsh school with my certifications and start working.

one star thread, will not read again

Shut the fuck up Faggot.

Vlad don’t get riled, ryan and I are buddies and we kid around.

I don’t know this murrdog9000 character, please ban him at your earliest convenience.

Kid around elsewhere, rules state no attacks on other members, doesn’t matter what your man love standing with the member is at the moment.

Unless you are a driver…or supervisor.

hell that doesn’t sound too bad. i’d do that for $10/hour.

I think you have to be older than 13

i guess they’d turn you down too. they dont want anyone with an IQ lower then 3.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k570/twiinklex27/Tumblr%20faces/tumblr_l9qodcXg6p1qzzud0.gif

Can’t say I love either of them, but they pay bills.

Golden Handcuffs.

After visiting Jamaica and seeing how those dudes work for such little pay I am no longer bitching about anything anymore.

Fuck Jamaica, place is a fuckin’ dump. Visit Dominican Republic, they make Jamaicans looks look lazy. :lol

Just got home from New Horizons. Had to complete the GE “assessment test”. Here’s to hoping I can tell Stewarts to suck my ball-bag soon. :number1

I have two in process applications on complete different ends of the spectrum one with CSX other with progressive insurance corporate

Got a couple of interview lined up myself for when I get back on Sunday.

what job did you apply for with csx? i know conductor is up right now.

if you put in for “carman” let me know if you get through the process and get an interview. im a manager in car department now and if you get to the interview phase ill be able to assist, i may even be doing the interviews.

nothing can be done until that phase as its all online and directly through Jacksonville.

Good Luck!