job sites

What are some good sites to search for local jobs?

My current job sucks and I keep getting dicked around and fucked over so I think its time for a change.

Craigslist is a joke since most jobs seem to pay $8-10 an hour.

I tried Capitalareahelpwanted.com but it seems like half of whats posted are temp agency jobs or National guard recruiting.

monster.com and careerbuilder.com are the de facto ones. Truthfully though, I found my current job through word of mouth.

unless your going to be using your degrees… or have some sort of other valuable skill, good look finding an entry level job starting more than 10 an hour

I got the job im at now off of a craigslist posting, started at 12/hr so nothing horrible like 90% of crap jobs on there. Just have to weed through all the bullshit and scams

Really I need something making more than $12 an hour. Thats what I make now and its not enough.

Do you have any degrees paul? I can try to get you into CDTA? I make 20.90/hr.

Thats damn good pay.

Ive got two degrees. One in mechanics and one in autobody. Neither one is what I want to do though.

Doing what?

if I remember right he’s a bus mechanic

Do 4 years in the Military, probably the best choice you could make at this point in your life. Get trained FOR FREE (and get paid at the same time) at a skill that you choose.

Yes and no, you get to choose a job under 2 conditions, your ASVAB score and positions available.

Try Target. Their Distribution Centers start around $15 an hour and the schedules are really nice.

Im too old for that and have no desire to join the military.

Johnstown or wherever that is located is a bit more of a commute than I want. I already have a 25 minute commute and sometimes I think thats too much.

Unfortunately, this is the worst economic time to try to find work… especially without a degree. You are competing with people with degrees. $12/hr isn’t horrible.

You need to network, linked in is great for that.

monster, craigslist, capital area, are going to be your best bet.

Ladders and Dice for degree peeps.

Wow, times are that tough eh? No offense, but I would not even consider employment that pays under 20 an hour…

What unskilled labor pays more than $10-12hr? times are terrible right now. Aren’t we at a 10% unemployment rate?

I don’t fall into the ‘unskilled labor’ category.

^ Yea, I’m aware of that.

As far as unskilled labor jobs go, I’ve got several friends doing quite well working contract construction jobs…

^ Hook them up with PJB,.