Any problems with HID's?

so my question is…

i want low/high beam and fog lights. now i got the whole idea of fogs and low beams. and putting them in high beam slots… .but how do the HID’s work for having brighter HID’s for high beams. they all seam to be like 35w

my truck has 2 different bulbs for low/high so are they the same brightness? or are they brighter for the one style of bulbs???

I heard that the lights have a delay in them…so if you switch on High beams there will be a delay and no lights

yeah for a half a second or so. if it was dark and i turned on my lights in the camaro it is nothing for like a quarter of a second… then dim for 3 quarters and full light within a second… i was wondering that also but ill have fogs on all the time so thats not too bad of a problem.

also now that i think about it fog/ low beams ill prob never use my high beams. just a secondary thought. but i dont want yellow highs with nice lows and fogs

that exactly what i was thinking. cheeks has the lows and said he will never sue his high beams cause of the difference

in cheeks’s case it isn’t so much the halogen bulb high beem that bugs him from what he tol me, its just sinply the fact his lows (HIDs) are so bright he sees no reason to click the highs, plus his is an H13 (a dual bulb) so hed have to order a compltly differant set, basically for nothing… his lows (HID) are way bright enough.

hid’s as high beams is pointless…

1. low beams are PLENTY bright and in some cases brighter than the highs
  2. it takes a few seconds for hid’s to warm up (get to full brightness)
  3. hid were not designed to flick on/off alot, its actually bad for them

Worst invention ever

so whos got the straight dope on sliding HID kits? we all know they take a second to warm up, so i wondering if anyone has tried a set that actually changes the bulbs angle when high beam is selected.

us suckers with 1 bulb get the short end of the HID stick when it comes to “on the spot” police inspection

i have the 6000k vvme kit from ebay in my 2004 frontier its the bi-xenon kit, and they work well, there is no need to ever use the high beams, the lows are bright as hell, the only issue i had was grounding i needed to go nuts on the grounds to make the ballast “hum” less. if i were to do it again i would get the 5k kit so it was less blue… once it gets dark i will try to take a video of the high/low beam function

I run those in my car. I can get them to.

if you ever say “straight dope” again, I will skullfuck every female member of your family.

PM’d

yeah you’re cool, i get it.

i got 6k’s in my dc2. never had a problem so far… granted they look like they belong cause the headlights have projector lenses in them. just dont aim them to high… you dont want cops thinkin your riding around with highbeams on.

i got pulled over last thursday in the southside…

he pulled me over because of the hid’s in the camaro

he was cool cause saw my govt id
but he said that they are a inspection violation…and it would of been a 195 dollar fine.

i do really like them…they make driving at night so much better…