question about HIDS

Ok i here alot of people are putting hids from lexus’ and putting them in dc2’s. How is it done and what all do you need? Or is it just worth it to buy a hid kit? thanks

HID’s are great. my girlfriend hated driving at night with her 06 civic. I got a kit with a 3 year warranty and overnight shipping from hong kong for like $119 ( Now their $79.99)

we had a ballast blow maybe a year ago and the next day had a new one sitting on the doorstep.

HID’s in a normal housing will blind oncoming drivers, HID’s in a projector housing is the way to go.
even tho the civic doesnt have a projector it still isnt horrible for oncoming driver, Ive seen worse
You could always retro fit them, buy projectors and put them in your stock housing or just buy aftermarket non rice headlights. But if you want the site from where I get the HID’s PM me

HID kits are $100 on ebay. I have them in my non-projector housings in the Vette. I have them aimed a bit low to give oncoming drivers a break, but truth be told I really don’t give a fuck if they catch a little glare. They will live to tell about it.

non-oem hids = :greddy:

HID’s in non-projector housings = :greddy:

X2!

which would be non-oem

My car didn’t have HID’s from the factory but it had projector housings, but I added them afterwards. I consider mine non-factory, but they are still in the correct housings.

go to luxury mods.com thats where i got my hids they were 130 or so $s

chris i got them in my dc2… buy the kit and ill help u put them in…

dont even bother , they do not work anywhere close as well as cars that come factory with hids because the way the cutoff on the projector is…

ok i thought about this today… my camaro had two bulbs one for high one for low beam. i had HIDS on low and never used high beam but i did have halogen high… but my truck has one bulb… do they make kits that have high and low beam HIDs on one bulb? thanks

yes their called bi-xenon HID
you can even get bi-xenon HID’s that have a lowbeam HID and hibeam Halogen built together
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Kassabian9898-Car-China__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Thats where I order all my HID’s
great prices and warranty

Two ways to properly do HID kits in cars that don’t come factory equipped:

Retro projectors in (preferably S2k or TSX projectors)

OR

Create glare shields.

If you just throw a kit in you might get lucky like I did with my elantra, but be nice, do one of the two. I’m finally getting a set of glare shields for when I get a better kit the the last one I had.

I bought ebay HID’s a few years ago for my civic. Hi and low beam. I had no problems with them and if I remember correctly they were 80 to my door.

overnite shipping from hong kong is not possible you do realize that right?
anyways I’ve installed about 50 sets of HIDs and none were projector, & actually there are focus points on a projector lens & if they are not designed for the use with HIDs the beam will flood or misdirect, factory HID with projector is ok. some aftermarket headlights are projector and they say right on the housing “Not for use with HID”
on a side note The Kits have come down a lot in recnt years but the simple fact remains… you get what you pay for.

I dont know how it happened lol
I had ordered like a monday morning and had them on tuesday.

i bet the guy was “from” Honk Kong, but if you think about it logically, there is customs, and planes, and trains, etc… i cant even begin to imagine what shipping from hong kong, overnight would cost, lol.
Im not calling you a liar, fyi. i was just making a comment

Mac hit me up on AIM next time ur on

i have a set of ebay hids on my frontier and they are great, aim them a little low and they have a really good cut off line and only a little bit of hot spots