*Help* f-150 HIDS

I am looking into buying hids for my 2011 F-150. This is my first time using hids. i was wondering if anybody new some good brands i found this set its around $250 for 15000k headlights and fog lights kitshttp://www.carid.com/2011-ford-f-150-xenon-hid/notto-hid-kit-342985.htmlI am not worried about prices to much just want a good kit that wont mess my truck up or that will last…Thanks for your help

please dont put them in the stock, non-projector housings

They look fine in non-projector housings as long as they are properly adjusted.

my 0.2.
buy some ebay projector head lights. if you look hard enough you can find some decent looking, not too ugly replicas of the oem.
cheap, reliable hids can be had at dtmtuning.com
done

So should i use something like this?HID Xenon + 09-13 Ford F150 F-150 Angel Eye Halo & LED Projector Headlights - Chrome

This

No, they really don’t. It looks like absolute shit when the whole headlight is glowing. Not to mention it’s a truck so it will be much easier to blind every car on the road.

Fixed :slight_smile:

DDMtuning.com $30 for the raptor kit just my $0.02

god those things look like they would be in a milleniun falcon. id say keep looking

is there a factory housing you can get so you can keep the OEM look?

To the OP, whatever you think looks good as long as there projectors. Or you could find someone who makes retros, retrofitted headlights which are projectors from another car retrofitted in an f-150s headlight housing. They can look really good but are usually expensive. If you find some on ebay you like go for it. But please don’t just put hids in the stockers, it literally blinds everyone especially being a truck.

If you want to look totally poor then put some really blue HIDs in your oem housings. If you really wanna up the poor factor you should get at LEAST one set of matching fog lights as well.

Also if you’re trying to SOUND like a jackass as well as look like one, you should call them “hids” and not “aich eye dees”

Buy 6000K, if you must have more “blue” then buy 8000K. Don’t buy anything higher, like the 15000K you mentioned less light on the road just more blue tint. Also get projector headlights, don’t be a dick and put HID’s in OEM housings.

I dont like these at all i was just wondering if thats the type of housing i would need…i cant get dark headlights because i have a flame blue truck with crome package so it wouldnt look right with dark lensei wanna keep a stock look

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

I am not going to put them in my oem housings. Like i said money isnt a problem i just wasnt sure what to get…I am going to go with the 6000k… I just want to find something good…

yea that was the kinda think i was talking about.
if your not afraid to throw some money around then i would send your headlights to a company that specializes in retro fitting projectors in oem lamps.

Do you know a ruff price on that? It sounds like the way i want to go

These don’t look bad, just don’t hook up the halo rings. Otherwise stock apperance, and good projectors for HID’s.

buy those headlights, send them out to customlightz.com and get a quality projector installed (s2k, tsx etc) then look around for oem ballasts (much better quality than the pnp kits) and get some bulbs anywhere on line

pnp hids in a standard headlamp = a big no no
hids in a standard projector= a little better but still not near the same output/quality
retrofitted hid projectors= WIN

i hate it when people put pnp hid lights in cars that dont have the proper lense/lights… its not safe and just looks like sh*t

ddmtuning.com
it’ll take a while to get them but its worth it for the price and lifetime warranty on the ballasts.

If I were a cop, I would pull people over for non projected hids every time I saw them. I hate so much. So much

Non-projected HIDS should be criminal.