Any SEO Professionals on here?

Or anyone that is somewhat an expert in the matter? I know a bit, but I am far from an expert in the area. I need a little bit of assistance from someone who knows exactly what they are doing.

Please post up if you are.

Not sure what I can give you for your help, maybe any custom title you want for you or maybe someone else.

What are you looking to do? We have a guy in our office who does this for us/our customers.

this board is buried in all search engines. It looks like even so much as the meta tags have never been changed from “vbulletin, forums,jelsoft etc…”

I need to get this place reindexed with proper keywords and descriptions as well as get all of the link to sites recounted and indexed to push us up the ladder on the major engines. Without using nyspeed in your search this board does not come up. Ty searching “ny car forum” -nothing. It comes up under “ny automotive forum” because that is in the title of the home page.

I’ve done some work that has had mixed results.

Google needs to be able to walk through the site’s menu paths. Clean URLs help a lot. This board still requires people to log in to see a lot of the posts, right? That will prevent the spyders from being able to index, changing that would probably make a huge difference. This board has a lot of content that’s been linked from all over the site. The Muscle50 video, for example, has been linked from so many other boards that it should really help NYSpeed’s karma rank.

I have no idea what this costs but would also be interested in some SEO for my stock market website. I’ve always been baffled at all the meta tags etc…
I bought VBseo and it made a fair difference but I’m sure there’s lots I’m doing wrong.

I used to work for Ingram Micro who had a contract with Google. We had guys ask for insight on how they rank etc… and they wouldn’t tell us anything even as a partner. LOL

I agree, but there was a reason that the board was private (illegal activities going on). I may be able to get certain areas open for viewing to spiders and public like gen auto, tech, etc… just leave the meets and the kills section completely private.

I know that I can do most of the work myself, I just need someone that is really good at it/professional to evaluate where we are and give me a treasure map to where we want to be.

The URL’s are a good suggestion, and I do believe that I can make those more spider friendly. Currently our robots file allows them to see the member list and one or two small areas.

My ex roommate/one of my really good friends from school does this for a living for Terakeet, the guys that ran Hillary’s site and brought in 10 million in 24 hrs when they took over. He may be willing to do it as a side job.

The meta tags aren’t as important as they once were. They will have a value but many of the major SEs, particularly Google, now use site <title> and <h1>, <h2> to prioritize keywords. It also looks like they’ve tweaked their indexing/ranking engine to work with a lot of the popular web software like VB and Wordpress.

Let me know a price / how much access that I have to give him. There is a lot of shit going on in the back that is pretty fragile right now. (As you can tell by the board sporadically shutting down)

Why is this install of VB so fragile?

Server side issues…The hosting provider over sold the box.

Results 1 - 10 of about 678,000 for “dreamhost sucks”

Yeah it is not the board that is unstable, it is the other shit that we have in the works, as well as if you run certain processes the host has a fucking stroke and dies.

Changing hosts isn’t an option? Seems like this is something LZ could help with…

Sorry if all this has been addressed in the past, I haven’t kept up.

It is already in the works. Josh and Bing will be reviewing options this weekend. Hopefully we will be on a nice VPS soon. Either way, back to SEO!

Back to SEO. Take a look at a few of these:

http://forum.vbulletinsetup.com/f7/how-seo-vbulletin-without-vbseo-15827.html
http://forum.vbulletinsetup.com/f7/vbulletin-seo-optimization-tips-2.html

:lol: Don’t go cheap on a VPS these get over sold all the time.

Yeah, everyone buys the 256M VMs thinking they can run their Wordpress and Drupal sites.

I made the same mistake but managed to tweak Apache to keep the load down.

:tup: I made most of the changes on the second link last week just in an effort to make the site work on its current host lol.

The first one has some really good suggestions though. Looks like I have a lot more work to do.

My buddy said most likely we could work something out real cheap, i gotta hit him up on aim after work. His place is good, really good. Right now he’s doing a job for a bunch of ambulance chasers to make all of their sites come up first for asbestos.