Any suggestion is appreciated.

Hi

I was recently looking for a shop to do my swap and I come across one, I’m not sure if I should put the name, but anyhow the company that I work for does a lot of transportation of freight of all kinds and one of our customer sells half-cuts mostly JDM’s and he sold me for a decent price an sr20det. So I took it over to this shop and and because they advertised their services here so I had an idea of how much I will be paying, so the guy gave me a piece of paper indicating whats involve with the swap and the final price. After I supplied all the materials that they required they finally done the swap and the car is ready to go, but I noticed something is not right, they took the cluster, key ignition assembly and the steering wheel of the car and stripped them of its part but when I looked at my old car it still has the same old cluster, key ignition assembly and steering. I was shocked and questioned the owner (btw his own sons are the ones working on those cars) his answer to me was it was damaged and they threw it out. I was back and forth at his shop hoping I could find either of his 2 sons but no luck, phones had been disconnected no was of getting hold of the shop and or the sons, so I was desperate, he changed his story everytime I come over to his shop, saying his son is a “dumb kid” and must have thrown it out. I told him that I will take this to court if he doesn’t return it to me. I hope you guys would have another option to this matter, the sad part is that before they even start on the car I specifically mentioned that I need the old engine and everything thats coming off the old car. I’m not sure what to do next. Hopefully someone could give me any suggestion on what action I should take.

a shop should keep all broken parts to show their customers that they are actually broken. some shops like to rip people off by saying this and that needs to be replaced. if you think its a problem and you don’t get them back then take it to court. but if its something you can live with then i wouldn’t bother.

So you want the cluster and the steering wheel from the sr front clip that you bought?

can you pm me the shop name

and key ignition assembly

I would suggest you talk to the son’s that about what happened as I know these guys and from my side of the story nothing seems wrong.

I know you wanted the ignition of the front clip for the wooden key but it was explained they can be broken when taken out. Your cluster I know for a fact is sitting at the shop it has not been taken. As for the steering wheel I dont know anything about but from what I can remember seeing of the clip it was a stock steering wheel that was taken off trying to remove the ignition assembly. Im sure one could be obtained if its not still there.

Contact me if you have any issues ill see what I can do.

yup everyting, and its not in the shop (RPS13 -1998 half-cut)

Noga the owner keep saying he cant get a hold of his sons and neither knows when they will be coming back, they know my phone number, why cant they just call me, I’m still waiting for answers.

Yes I want them, the rest of the front clip is in my garage right now.

I talked to Jay, one of the sons. He and Shawn are not contacting you because they are currently having some family problems. I’m sure they would appreciate a little bit of patience.

Anyways, Jay said that the ignition cylinder broke and was thrown out. He tried his best to remove it for you but it did not work out.

Your cluster and stock steering wheel is at the shop. I have a few of my items that I need to pick up from the shop next week. If you would like, I could pick up the cluster and wheel for you and you could grab it from me since you are finding Jay and Shawn hard to get a hold of. PM me if you would me to do this.

Thanks for clearing this out, I hope they would communicate more none of this would have happen, anyway if you could get it for me I would love to just pick it up from your place.

Ramesh, you basically told the shops name by saying that one name! anyways man i hope it all goes well, i know that the employees their are good people!

hey roel (butramp1)
this is jay sorry you couldent get a hold of me ive been having some family problems. im not sure why your writing all of that on the forums because i spisificly told you that the ignition cylider might break when im trying to take it out and you said its ok. and i also told you that the cluster needs to be changed because of the tach and i had to roll the KM on the sr cluster to match the car, because if you or the next owner of the car took the ministry and it has 100,000 less KM’s im the one getting in shit. and as for your old parts they are all in your car. you can go by the shop and check for yourself. so before you start shit on the forums like a 15 year old make sure you know what your talking about.