Any thirdgen fbody ppl experiencing trapspeed diffs at PRP?

anybody else have a thirdgen camaro or firebird and race it at Pittsburgh raceway park?

have you been experiencing any trap speed differences from the right lane to the left lane?

i have… most of my runs are like 14.1’s at 92-93 in the right lane but the left lane is 14.1 at 100mph. i have like a whole bunch of runs in the right lane and most are anywhere from 91-93mph, and its pretty consistant. I have like 3-4 runs in the left lane and all are in the 100mph range, from 100.3 to 100.9 mph

on the 1/8, both lanes are similar. 79-80mph traps and 8.8-9.0 ET’s. nothing else was changed while completing the last half of the 1/4. shift points are the same…the car is an auto

just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? i know 87 TA had experienced this before

trap = poooooooooooooooooooooooop

haha lots of guys say that… especially over at streetnstrip.org with pewterss and such LOL

i like traps… test of your power ! and from a roll on the street, they important then.

but you gotta admit, its kinda weird how the variance in speeds from lane to lane in the 1/4 is so different, when the traps in the 1/8 is same

i is pewterss

a few of the ford guys were talking about this before. it’s supposedly because of the hump in the center of the track, and how low the front of the car is.

yea my friend gain 2mph in the left

Thats what it is. My car sits high in the front and i have the same mph in both lanes.

Which lane has the correct MPH ?

i assume its the left lane…

the only reason i say this is that i raced Eurodad one day and it came out kinda even. he gave me a hit, then he immediately pulled back up about fender ahead, then i started creeping past at 90 then we shut off. i would assume cars that trap similar will stay even from a roll. he is like 97-98mph and i’m 100. if i was trappin 92, i bet i would get killed. and i dont know many guys doing 13.9’s at 92.6mph doesnt seem to add up there. 92 is like 15 second cavalier trap speeds. my 60’s are 1.9ish. and the 1/8 mile is the same mph both lanes. i dont see how i could only increase 12mph from 80 at the 1/8, then 92 in the end.

i is pewterss

haha sweet… now i’m all confused… ppl changin user names… i keep mine the same on all forums i’m on LOL

I would say the faster mph lane. Mph is determaned in the last 66ft of the track between the last 2 potocells. I think the first potocell is a little higher and starting the mph timer a little soon by starting with the front spolier of those cars.

i didnt really notice anything…times stayed they same around 13.0-13.1 or so.

hey iroc-z89, you got any pics of your ride?

i think the trap speeds is whats gettin mixed up. ET’s shouldnt change. unless the low front airdam is also trippin the light early or something.

my car is lowerd and the front is pretty low. the air dam will kill a rabbit crossing the road if it goes under my car in the middle. that or the exhaust pipe by the cat. i got like 3 inches MAX on the piece. the car is like 4 inch clearance everywhere under neath.

no i just got this computer so i have to get some on here.

I have an 82 Z28 Mullet