Any thoughts on Centerforce Dual Friction Clutches???

Hey guys I can get a Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch for my SR20DET for just under $400.00 does anyone have any experience with these clutches? From what I hear they can handle up to 400 horsepower. Has any one here ever had one or has one on their SR20DET that would like share their thoughts about this product?

Personally man, I would’nt buy a Center Force. I have friends that had bad experiences with them. For roughly the same amount of money you can get an ACT clutch kit that most likely has a higher torque rating then the center force does. Make sure you base your decision for a clutch on your rough hp and torque goal.

The proper way a clutch should be rated is in torque to the flywheel. So let’s say your going for 300lbs of torque, my advice is to get one rated higher so it last longer and will take the abuse better then one rated at or near your goal. So a clutch rated to 350lbs of torque is the way you want to go.

Just passin on what I know.

Good luck with this and if you need anything, give me a call. :smiley:

Take care.

Easy 8)

I have had nothing but centerForce’s in my 240’s (2 of the 3), it has been my first mod and have had nothing but good times with them. I have beat the living pi** out of them too, on stock power but I’m sure there is nothing wrong with the DF clutch on a built motor. I have never heard anything bad about them. They have been in the clutch industry for much, much longer than ACT, Bully, and 99% of the clutch companies out there now. They are made for high horsepower V8’s and such.

Is that price with a TOB, cause I may be able to give you a good price on one.

PM or MSN me if you want to chat more.

Theo

12k km, 1 track day, 8psi of boost, loads of clutch kicks.
Clutch hasn’t slipped once.

Andrew.

yea im running one, 12psi, all last summer, never slipped, and thats with 5 passes at the 1/4 mile and many clutch kicks, of course you must break your clutch in properly, that is key

I was using one, grabs enough I didnt even realise how bad my pedal was out before I fixed it, after that you can chrip 3rd on stock KA.

Didn’t you talk about SR clutches not too long ago?

Just buy an ACT HDSS and call it a day. Good till 380lb/ft or some shit
and it’s just under $400cad.

ACT heavy duty clutch kit for Under $400.00 cndn? Realy? Hook me up G.

ACT heavy duty clutch kit for Under $400.00 cndn? Realy? Hook me up G.[/quote]

Ok so maybe not just under $400 but around $450cad. Take your pick.

I opted for the HDR6 :noes:

ACT NS1-HDSS = Sprung Street Disc w/ Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
Retails about $370USD (from Heavy Throttle).

ACT NS1-HDR6 = Un-Sprung 6-puck Disc w/ Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
Retails about $360USD (from Heavy Throttle).

ACT is junk. Centreforce dual holds 300 ftlbs. Justin asked PDM about it last year before we purchased ours. You have ‘x’ number of people telling you its good.

You can find just as many horror stories about any damn clutch. Most people are morons and don’t break them in proper, then wonder why they have problems. Or don’t resurface the flywheel before they install their new clutch (this is very important).

And if you want to get a real clutch, go buy some expensive exedy clutch or an OS Giken and shut up.

Andrew.

The centerforce is a nice clutch… it grabs hard but its noisy as hell. You can heard the little metal weights on it clicking at idle… drives me nuts. I hate mine for that fact. But it does grab well.

Mines a DF

.\

Nismo 500-700KG

now that will hold what ever you want!!!

And the feel is awsome

ill let u no when i put my motor in in the next month or soo hopefully sooner … i got one!!

Personally i had the dual friction clutch on my H22A1 integra 409whp 315 torque @ 17PSI and it wouldn’t hold. I replaced it with the ACT before i sold it and had no problems. ACT is noisy though. I wouldn’t recommend the dualfriction for that setup. Go with Clutchmaster STG 4.puck Style with springs My buddy has in on his 240sx 385hp 380Torque @15PSI drives smooth and has had it over one year with no problems

Ya didnt hava any problem with it. drove ez on 3takes of gas (600km’s ;)) and then boosted 8psi about 1500 - 2000km;s and it was all hard driving i think about 90% boost and no problems. this year il put it to the test.

I’ve been told by a guy at PI that dual force clutch eats the flywheel
dunno if that’s true tho

I don’t think i would trust anyone at PI.

that’s pretty funny… I wouldn’t trust them either