Anybody bought a vehicle in VA?

Howd you get it back? i cant find any temp plate info on their website, ive been on hold with their 1800 number for 30 minutes

go to the DMV and register for transport plates…costs 20-60 i forgot

you need bill of sale, a copy of the title, and i think thats it

here or there?

cuz i cant really do it there cuz im flying down on a saturday,

they said i should do it here, but i cant do it here as i havnt “bough” the car yet

Have the guy send you a copy (scan) of the title, and a future bill of sale. Explain why and he will be able to do it. Go to dmv with paperwork and they will issue

last i checked you are supposed to do it in the state you are buying the car from

but ive never tried getting one from NY before picking up the car

correct

VA Allows you to print them out online. Having him print one out for you will work. You need a valid VA license number though. Done it before, and know people who have, and been pulled over with zero issues.

i was hoping for something more then 3 days, i was hoping for a 30 to save up for taxes, but i guess i can swing it, perhaps

I think you need insurance too.

yea 17 hour drive picked up a 04 ford explorer with a 04 excursion

i will have insurance

i brought a car back from VA in october, but i towed it with a truck. And i had VA temp plates on it with insurance

:lol:

ugh

i bought the '95 z28 i had (yeah, past tense) a few months ago from VA

stupid DMV is impossible to get 1 solid answer out of after hours, and hours, and hours on the phone :tdown: