Anybody go to Wyotech?

Is it really worth the 30k?
What jobs have you gotten from going to wyotech?
How is the living down there?
What is there to do in the area?
Is there decent jobs around the school? I’ll need something that will pay my car payment and gas.

I’m just curious about going. I’d really like to get out of the area and go to a real school dedicated to cars.

Let me know your opinions and experiences on the school.

Keep your comments about me, my car, my financial situation, and my decisions out of this thread.

Thanks!

You suck your car is gay kill yourself.

kthxbye

Not Wyotech but contact AJC2000 or some screen name along those lines.

Love you too, sweet cheeks<3

I’m assuming he went there/goes there?

Thanks Mike

He went to UTI and IMO can provide valuable insight to “tech” schools.

Gotcha. I was originally supposed to go to UTI, was enrolled and everything but the lack of a place to live/dorm scared me into staying local.

I went to UTI. I was ASE master certified by the time I graduated and went on for training with Toyota and got a good job. I don’t turn wrenches anymore but I learned a lot at that school by taking it seriously.

Did you have any issue finding a living space, and finding a job?

I guess my major downfall with UTI is the fact that I have a car payment.

I knew someone else that was going there so I had an easy time getting an apartment. You can easily find a job at a Firestone or something along those lines.

no personal experience, but from people I know, Wyotech is a joke.

I’ve heard better of UTI, but again, no personal experience. It seems to me better off to go to ECC for pennies as opposed to a $35k loan to get out making $8/hr and trying to pay that off.

i don’t even see the point in the current times of the industry. you’ll have to really like what you do because entry level mechanics make very small dollars. it’ll take you years to even break even when you can be making that money with less or no formal education

Knew of a few people who went to Wyotech and said it was a joke of a school and they let anybody willing to pay tuition in.

A few friends went to UTI as well and said they thought it wasn’t worth the money but they offer specialty programs that help you get into the trade area you want specifically.

So, Wyotech is to cars as ITT Tech is to IT?

basically

Steve didnt we already establish thatr cars are a hobby not career (not one thats worth a shit atleast) ? Oops I’ve gone OT, sorry sweetie :hay: Seriously though I wanted to got to UTI for the longest time, 1. nothing is transferrable 2. its expensive as fuck and 3. theres really little chance that they can help you get any better job than you would get from out of ECC or something, Im sure its not a bad thing to get some certification in something but its FAR from the best choice. dont do it, if you wanna talk to someone though Pm SVTdriver, he a good dude and he goes to OTC, He could probably offer some insight to what the deal is with those schools. Oh I wouldn’t worry about getting board down there its not buffalo, LOL

My friend went there and is unemployed lol

:bigclap:

i was signed up to go to uti in pa. it was 32g’s for 19 months and you dont even get a degree. sure the facility is nice but no degree.

definately not worth the time/money

I know you didn’t ask for it…but I think you need to rethink your motives for going to spendy school. Don’t base your school of choice around the fact you have car payment. Sell the car, go to a good school, buy better car later.

dont fucking waste your time or money.