Wyotech??

Does anyone on here go to Wyotech? I know its a very long time away for me, but i want to get my plans for my life going. I want to something with cars, thats why i was thinking wyotech. I want some help tho, like is it a good school? I want to hear it from someone that went there and learned something. Anyones help will be very much appreciated, Thanks Zac

my brother went there…he wwent to school with 22psi on here.

its all what you put into it. some guys do better learning on there own others do better going to school. my brother regrets all the money and time he spent there.

but as far as i know 22psi career is going great.

also tony aka redline somethinf or other went there also

thanks man

they have classes at ccac

everyone that i no that went there said it was 2 much money and not worth it.

Yup same here…all its good for is that piece of paper u get when ur done…ALOT they already new from High School classes or learned on there own

There are cheaper schools that you’ll learn the same from.

this all helps guys, thanks.

I went there with slows brother, I learned alot there but i learned so much more hands on, as far as paying for it, you can get grants and such, but all together it was less than 20k for the program without housing. In the end you do get an associates degree. But ive been in the working industy for 6 years now and make decent money. If i were to do it again, I would look into a local dealership to sponsor you and go to a program at ccac, like a program for Ford of GM, It would prolly be closer and cheaper than going to wyo. Hope this helps and good luck. Want anymore questions just PM me.

Thanks man, I most likly will have more questions, I will get ahold of you tomorrow

get money you were gonna pay to that school. eat nothing but taco bell and drink keystone premium for a week straight. then take the money and wipe your ass with it after taking one of the nastiest shits of your life. you wont feel as bad as you would if you wasted your money there.

you may want to think about UTI also. the program is 66 weeks with the ford program. the total cost of the program is about 31k. you can also get into the manufacture specific programs.

i think wyotech is a waste of money IMO

That would be a better route.Cochran does that.For GM its called the ASEP program and they help pay for some of your tools and you work for the dealer thats sponsoring you and you go to ccac.So not only are you getting schooling but your getting on the job training.but the dealership wont invest the money to sponsor you if they think your gonna use them and once school is over your gonna leave.

another thing that might b a good idea if you want to get into the ASEP program since your not out of highschool yet is to find a dealer u want to work for and go in as a lot attendent.because thats how the 3 lot attendents got sent to ASEP.the went to the service manager and said they want to work on cars and he said ok ill send ya to CCAC and the dealership now sponsors them.

I think all 2 yr schools are way too much money. I could’ve learned what I did at PTI working on the side.

i like how everyone says wyotech is a waste of money, and you get the same thing at ccac, no you dont. I’m attending right now, and yeah it’s all of what you put into it. if you come out and you think all you do is work on a car and thats it. Your wrong, everything is taught then you apply it. I’ve been to automotive classes at a community college, that was a waste of money, plus to get a degree you have to take core clases like english, math, history, and pay for that also. I’m loving it right now. The only part that sucks is no part time jobs in the blairsville area. And yeah UTI is great in you enjoy paying the same amount and have about a 65:1 student teacher ratio.

But CCAC doesnt cost that much and if your sponsored its even cheaper.Plus to get a degree it wouldnt cost that much to do your english math and all that stuff.Its 1200 a semester for me to take 4 classes and i dont qualify for finacial aid.where at any college it would easily be 5+ a semester

wyotech is also only 9 months compared to the 66 weeks of UTI. but the student:teacher ratio does suck more at UTI. but hey cant beat hotrod u or super street ha.

I already had years of auto tech/performance before I attended there because I was dumb enough to buy into the “recruiters” bullshit and the hype about the school. It was a major disappointment. I considered dropping out the first couple weeks and getting my money back.

The best thing is people are alway like you know this or your good at working on cars because you went to Wyotech. After Im done laughing so hard that I almost piss myself I tell them that Wyotech actually made me dumber.

Good thing you pay 20k+ for the name on your resume. Thats about all its good for. Once your out of there they dont give a flying fuck about you. They say they will send you job referrels periodically or help you find a job if you lose yours. Ive been out 2yrs or so and even after contacting them multiple times I have yet to see one job referrel. Most dealers/performance shops I talked to think Wyotech is a joke because 75% or more of the kids that come out of that place think they know everything but cant even change a tire.

If you have basic knowledge of how most auto technical/mechanical systems work then just dont waste your time.

My opinion is get into a dealer as an apprentice and get factory trained through them if thats what you want. If your into performance and If you dont have a background and people to vouch for your work you will probably come in as a cleanup kid maybe get to change spark plugs after a few months.

I went to U. of N.O. for their high performace program. I also am on Wyo tech’s board of advisors. I dissagree with anyone who thinks its a waste of money. Unless you are only interested in becoming a dealer tech for one particular brand. Then it would definately be more streamlined to go threw one of their sponsored programs. You won’t be able to work in any high end dealerships though. If you want a great general knowledge of almost all the manufactures so that you can be more diverse and capable of demanding more money then get your ass into a good school and not CCAC for peats sake.

I have good friends that graduated with me, and now they are traveling the country with race teams. Both of them actually work on nitro funny cars. Some of the people that have worked for me graduated from Wyo as well. As if working for me wasn’t good enough, one of them moved on from me to L.A. to work for Ryhs Millen.

So you decide. If you don’t want, or need options look into local dealers and repair shops. Skip formal schooling and save the time and money. If you are looking to get way more involved than having your own bay at somone’s repair shop then pick a good school.