Wyotech

I was just wondering if there was anyone on here that is attending or has graduated from Wyotech… If you have how do you like it… Would you recomend going there?

I have heard pros and cons

x2

I think redmeanie is going there though or starting :dunno:

save your money

nuff said

i graduated from there this past march…it was cool then, but from what i heard it has gotten a little out of hand with some things…what are thinking about going for?

im kinda pissed I wasted money goin there.

heres my Pros:
Some cool Instructors
Met alot of cool people from out of state

Cons:
-Shop is a hot as fuck in the summer time (no A/C)
-Lectures are blown through and you have a test the next day on it then you forget cuz you never really learned it
-Most of the time in the shop you stand around like an ass cuz somebody has the tool you need or the pile of shit car they assign you to doesnt work and is hacked to fuck
-The test you take are so subjective its insane. The last test I took alot of people got one wrong according to them. I looked in my notes and proved them wrong and he told me I read to much into the question and even though I was right they said “theres nothing we can do about it now”

fuck this school and to think I have 6 more months yippy

Its not that you dont learn anything. I learned a good bit but it mostly cuz I went out and taught myself in the shop. Some of the instructors I had were less then helpful at times.

They say they designed the course so even if you knew nothing about cars you could pass. I know some of these people know shit but still only make a 70 something in the class. Last phase I got an A and if I keep on track I will have a A when I finish this class.

I didnt even wanna take the stupid ass Auto Tech classes but they made me so I can take Chassis Fab and High Performance. Alot of the Auto Tech course is setup so you can go work for a dealership. After was I seen go on in my moms dealership w/ people gettin screwed over and everything Im never doin dealership work.

I wanted just Chassis Fab and High Performance so I can get a job at a performance shop doing what I like to do. So hopefully I can blow through this Auto Tech course and do dam good in Chassis Fab and High Performance so I can get job at a reputable shop (hopefully local)

Can you just take specific classes? Say if i just wanted to take a fabrication course. Do i have to go through the whole program, or can i just take that one subject?

i think CCAC Neville Island might offer that kind of shit… but i could be wrong.

nope you have to go through the Auto Tech or Collision Courses to get to the specialty classes.

I dont think so. I think Neville does Manufacturer specific courses for GM, Ford, and Chrysler.

Not to steal the post, but I am attending UTI - Avondale, Arizona starting November, and I leave October 18th. I too have heard pros and cons already about that school. i dont think one school is better than the other, each school is pretty even, its just all up to you which school and which location you want to go to.

good luck RedLine and shadystunts!

i know slowassneon does

[QUOTE=

fuck this school and to think I have 6 more months yippy[/QUOTE]

what are you taking, and do you comute?

gay.

x2. I’ve always wanted to do the Chassis Fab class. That’s disappointing. Let me know how it is once you start that.

CCAC on the Island has some welding classes, not the worst and not the best. I’ve been kicking around actually finishing the welding program there, but I think I’d be better off trying to find some machineing class somewhere. I spent a week at Lincoln Electric with at the Motorsports Welding Class and learned a lot more in a lot less time (for a lot more money as well…) as the class at CCAC.

I kinda wanted to go to the real wyotech back when i was a youngin. I ended up doing the chrysler CAP program at Neville and it was pretty decent. you get an Associates degree for it as well which is a good perk. Its a well rounded program, but you wont do much…well about zero fab stuff. we built motors though, went through rear ends… and all the cars you work on are brand new vehicles, not hacked up shit. Cutting the boost feed on the “brand new” tsi back then was fun, smoldered all 4 tires nice… stole the new vette once to get slushies… good times.

part of that program is the welding which is a building probably 4 blocks away. Its hardcore as shit, I stayed for all the arc then started skipping (dumb f8ck)…which is why i could arc weld a beer can together, but can barely mig 1/4" plates together…ok not really.

Im taking Auto Tech w/ Chassis Fabrication and High Performance Engines. I guess I kinda commute. Im housing up at IUP and its like 10-15min drive from here.

you stay at oakland dorms or whatever there called?..i only live about 15 minutes up 22 east from school…i still have a bunch of friends down there…

oh yea, if you pay cash up front, you can take single classes…so if you have 5,6 cash go for it

i went to Vale tech which was bought out by wyo. i was one of the last to be a vale tech. grad in late 2001 there. get an associates. most of the instructors i had were easy to get along with and acted like some of the students sometimes.
i comutted 50 miles each way for 15 months… it was a good experience. but i dont know how things changed now that it is wyotech. If i could go back and do it again, i would prolly just get a sponser ship and go to ccac. i learned more doing hands on as an apprentice after school then what i learned in school. you can get a few things out of there like i did. state and IM licsense, few ASE’s and some other things… I am a dealer tech now and i dont to bad. hope this helps and good luck