My review on Wyotech(so far)

So as you guys know im attending Wyotech, Blairsville, PA for Automotive and Motorsports Chassis Fabrication.

I already took my Applied Service Management class and will be receiving my associates in that for automotive (easier to receive a business loan when i want to open a shop, also learned the basics to run a business and how shit works behind the counter, per-say)

So this brings me to where i am now, in my Automotive core in my 1st class EMS1 (Engine Management Systems). Overall the class is decent and have learned some new things, electrical can be complicated and a PITA.

The instructors; they teach alot in the class room, but when it comes to the shop, they could careless and get bitchy and complain when you have questions, if you want them to show you how to do something, or to get something signed off. There is 2 instructors to ~50 students (complete horseshit).

With 8 days 3/4 of our class is beyond help, they’re more worried about where the weed is at. They straight up told us last night that there were going to be about 10-15 students moving on to EMS2 out of the ~50 in the class :lol

The dorms, they suck. $450 for an 8x8 room, stove, sink and a bathroom. Not worth it IMO.

There’s stuff im forgetting or just not putting in, but i figured some of you guys would like to know what goes on at this shithole of “the number 1 automotive school”

you do realize that all that is in a school is the name?

and if you the stove, sink and bathroom are yours and not in a common area, that is fucking amazing.

I could care less about living quarters. I just need a bed and some tissues.

I want to know if the instructors are actually knowledgeable or just crackheads off the street.

yea i realize that it’s all in the name
and yea that shits in the common area, if i went to the other dorms it would all would have been in a 10x10 room and shared bathrooms/showers with like 75 other dudes

the two i have now are very knowledgeable, but they’re just plain lazy

One is a master Audi/VW tech for like 5 yrs
The other is a Master ASE and Master GM tech for 15+ yrs

well from the way you described the class, i could understand why the professors would be lazy. just show them that you are actually there to learn and not smoke weed and they will realize you are serious.

yes i know, i show initiative, just the tards take up time from the rest of us that want our 30 grand worth of education… i dont smoke weed, allergic to that shit!

You’re always bitching on FB about being away from home, literally no idea why you didn’t go to HVCC, you rarely find anyone that goes to these schools that finds it worth it, or even working in the automotive field

only reason i chose to go here is cause of my two electives im taking… and if i knew it was going to be such a joke i would have went to hvcc and/or modern welding

Edit: I like the school and all, just wish they had more instructors for when were in the shop and have questions/concerns etc.

Also do realize theres going to be idiots where ever i decided to go, but for example; there’s a person in my class that has sat through the same class twice already about to go on to their 3th try… they will give you one free shot at trying over again, and if you fuck that up you gotta pay another ~10k on top of what you have already have to pay

It’s not like im going to drop out because of others being idiots, im finishing what i came down here for

Sounds dumpy

Step 1: buy lots of pot
Step 2: sell pot to stoners at school
Step 3:…
Step 4: profit!

Lol this has gone through my head multiple times

hmmmmmm

just keep working hard. do work, like a boss bro.

This all sounds like the standard college expirience to me. You should have gone to Suny Morrisville though that college is mainly automotive and equine which mean you atleast get chicks around

this

LOL @ being allergic to weed.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

my friend went to WyoTech for hot rod stuff. now works for Joe Gibbs race team(motocross side) has worked for kawasaki factory team, monster energy’s team.

but after school he got a job at some rod and custom place in california. it has served him well. its all in what you can take with you and how well you network.

is there a career center there? if so i’d go there and try and see if you can get an internship through them somewhere.

whats the tuition there?

thats scary .

I could just see you being a parts guy not an actual tech