Anybody here ever ship wheels?

a kid in pa want me to ship wheels with tires mounted to him in bethlehem pa. What shipping companys do you guys use? I got a quote from fed ex and ups for around 75 for each of them.

try greyhound bro.

^ Shipped seats through greyhound a few years ago and it was half the price of UPS

I just put cardboard over the lip of the wheel and essentially ziptied it in place and shipped em that way

Get an online acct with UPS. I did it, printed my own labels and it was $60 to ship 4 wheels to Colorado

There is no way that it costs $75 to ship a single wheel/tire to PA. I just ran a quote for a 75lb pair of cylinder heads to TX and it was $6x.xx

sorry i meant 75 for all four

That’s not too bad, it’d still be worth it to check out greyhound or just sign up for an online UPS acct.

Looks like the closest bus terminal is Allentown, PA which is about 5 miles from Bethlehem. It really looks like you’ll only save a few bucks to ship them that way. I don’t know the exact weight, but with tires I was thinking around 25lbs each? If you combined them into 2x 50lb packages you could get away with about 65 through greyhound.

Yea, $75 isn’t bad. It cost me $81 to ship four wheels in separate boxes to southern NJ through my FedEx account and it was insured to $1000/box.

I just got a quote through UPS to ship similar sized boxes and weights to Vancouver and it was just over $200.

I’d guess around 40-50lbs per wheel. One of my CE28N wheels weighs 16.8 lbs w/o packaging and the tire itself weighs 23 lbs. Those a both very light for the particular sizes.

$75 for all four isn’t bad at all
I don’t see you spending much less regardless of the carrier

75 is cheap! Damn it cost like $200+ for the guy to ship my works with tires up from Florida. Retarded heavy boxes.

Meet half way?

I worked it out with him his brother lives in catskill and works in loudenville so im meeting him tomorrow.

Late but…$75 per wheel? That’s crazy.

I have shipped 18" wheels and tires across America for $100 using UPS ground. And payed the same to get them from Seattle (my old 5Zigens I had on the Maxima).

NO ILYA 75 FOR ALL 4

Oh, that’s not bad then. :rofl

(only read the first 3 posts)

i shipped bryan’s old wheels from the poopra to canada… UPS and some cardboard are your best bet

I shipped 2 16" wheels (no tires) for less than $30 thru Parcel Post Plus on Nott Street in Niskayuna. I believe they went thru DHL but they also do Fed Ex and UPS shipping.