Best way to ship wheels?

I found a set of wheels in CA that I want to buy. What is the best, most reliable way to ship them?

Does anyone have a hookup?

I’ve always shipped via UPS and just made sure they were well packaged. USPS is really affordable but they dont have descriptive tracking, fuck DHL, and fuck FedEx too.

Cheapest will be Greyhound, and coming from CA your wheels would take weeks to arrive I’m sure.

greyhound would be the cheapest, but they only insure up to $300 per shipment regardless of the number of boxes. I’ve sent wheels greyhound TO cali and they were there in 56hrs no joke, for $30 to ship 4 wheels.

UPS would be around $120 for 4 wheels, packed (2) per box.

when i was trying to ship my wheels to puerto rico it was about $147 via usps. i shipped wheels a few years ago and it was about $160 via ups to washington state i believe. i bought a set from florida and it was 100bucks i think. those were shipped the way discounttiredirect ships tires, basically strapped together and just plastic wrapped (had tires on still) via ups

i would expect to pay anywhere from about 140-200

Dang.

I get 75% off FedEx Express for my own shipments :slight_smile:

I did an shipping estimate recently to ship some tires to me from NJ, USPS was $22/tire, Greyhound was $108 for all tires. Seems strange that you could ship 4 wheels to cali for only $30?

it’s alot to do with how you pack it and how much it weighs. I sent 15"x7" aluminum wheels, each package was about 30lbs…I made two boxes. It also depends on the route/how many buses it has to transfer to/from…so an obscure city/town costs more.

I also just sent a pair of BUMPERS to oklahoma via greyhound for $42 and they got there in 3 days.