Best way to ship wheels/tires?

Whats the best way to ship something as bulky and heavy as wheels and tires? I imagine FedEx would charge more than the package is actually worth.

newspaper under cardboard on the face, then wrap them in saran wrap until you’ve got a good coating, bring to UPS, bend over and let the magic happen.

It’s quite cheap to ship them using greyhound actually. what happens is you ship them to the bus station closest to the persons address and then go to pick em up. you just have to pack them in really well. use styrofoam and sheets of cardboard on the faces and backs of the wheels. the tires should protect the sides well enough(provided tires are ON the wheels)

The few times I shipped wheels, I did cardboard over the front and back, then took shrink wrap (used for pallets of goods) and wrapped each tire… Never had a problem. I used DHL (when they were around) and never paid more than $22 to ship a wheel…

I just looked up a price on UPS, roughly $120 shipped to PA. Not too bad and actually better than the quote I got from Greyhound.

Whats DHL?

DHL is another shipping company (Yellow and red vans) but they arent in the area anymore…

DHL isnt around anymore? Umm deff had something shipped to my house dhl a couple weeks ago :ponder

They said they were pulling out of america…

I have no idea, all I know is my tracking number for my package was DHL and the envelop said dhl on it, although I think they moight do some stuff thru the USPS

just saying my shit was DHL yo

$120!?!?! I’ve shipped wheels to California cheaper from the UPS store. Find someone you know who owns a business that has daily pick ups from UPS or FedEx or something!

I have daily pick ups from fed ex :umm

Ive never shipped wheels with tires but I shipped wheels at Parcel Post Express on Nott Street in Schenectady thru DHL and it was cheap.

I shipped a one piece H-pipe with cats off my Mustang there thru DHL and it was only 25 bucks and the box was huge.

The girl that works there is really hot.

dhl is done. they stoped shipping about a month ago. fedex has taken over the accounts and shipping obligations… until the end of the year and then they are 100% gone

DHL is done? WTF… I shipped my old Z24 wheels to the Midwest and they charged me 15 bucks a wheel. Fuck.

DHL no longer ships domestically in the states, but there’s still plenty of their packages in other carrier’s systems (often one carrier will use another to ship shit, don’t ask) so people will be getting stuff from them for a while.
I’d ship UPS, but if it includes rims wrap them in some bubble wrap under the cardboard.
Wheels/rims and other car parts go as “heavy” so they get tossed around a lot on metal slides and floors.
Oh and insure those suckers if they’re more than a hundred apiece.