Shipping Question

I have to ship out a set of wheels to NC. Where is the best place to have them shipped. They’re rims and tires so I don’t know if I should ship them freight. Any info is appreciated.

dhl is the cheapest, but I have had 3 wheels arrive before.

Anywhere really. Especially if you have an online account. If you do the post office, you will need to ship them seperately and it usually costs abotu $15/wheel+tire.

FedEX.

Just place cardboard circles on the outside edges of the rims, it works great.

Word. That’s what I do. There isn’t a whole lot that a driver can do to them that being on a car won’t do 10x worst. Carboard, wrapped in a garbage bag, taped up. bam. Custom packaging.

true true

if you throw me a few bucks i’ll ship them for you. i work for fedex and get a discount. kinkos is open 24hrs on nf blvd. just lmk.

Jim

Have you looked at UShip.com, Can get good deals on freight shipping.

if u take it to fedex by the airport, its real cheap IIRC

i sent 2 wheels w/ slicks on em to TX (uninflated) for like 16 bucks…this was back in the day tho

I just bought some wheels/tires from tirerack, and they put cardboard caps over the wheels, and they use a strapping machine to put straps on, then they tape the tag to it.

Mine came UPS, I paid 74 dollars to ship 4 wheels, I’m sure they marked that up a bit for materials and time.

If you don’t have access to a strapping machine, you can use the belt type straps…