has anyone ever shipped wheels+ tires?

im selling my rims and tires for 575, some guy pmed me and offered 640shipped to illinois

i would obv like to get rid of them, but how much does it usually cost to ship rims?

the tires are already mounted on the rims, so im guessing they are about 20-25lbs each

seperate boxes would be best right? i can prob get them easy

im basically looking to see how much it would cost/how much to charge

thanks

I recently shipped my stockers. It was about $40 per wheel I believe

Put 2 face to face with a piece of cardboard in between them and pieces of cardboard on the outside, strap them together. No need for boxes.

thanks :tup: , i really dont mind eating some of the bill as long as i sell them

would this be better than shipping one at a time?
i know that DTD does this method, with tires atleast, ive never ordered wheels from them

my rotas came in a box when i got them from innovative

edit:
do you know where i could get those packaging straps?

That is how tirerack ships new wheels mounted on tires.

You will want to strap them properly though. A strapping machine would be nice in this case!

If you ship them separately they’re going to get damaged, you want to put them face to face to protect them.

tape them together then use a shit ton of saran wrap

can’t be over 70lbs, so you’re going to have to ship them by the each instead of face to face, use cardboard and strapping tape over the faces.

I single packed my wheels. I used cardboard to cover the outsides of the rim and a contractor bag over that. Just taped it up really well with packing tape

cool ill do that then, thanks guys

contact cky…oh wait nevermind…

i was going to text him and ask lolz :roflpicard:

Boom.

Shipped mine for less than $20/wheel IIRC.

so with him saying they are 25 pounds you can do 2 + 2. 25+25=50 not over your 70