Anybody here quit smoking?

Has anyone on here quit smoking? I tried and made it 24 hours and slipped. Anyone got any pointers?

Psyche yourself into hating the smell, taste and everything about it. After a week you will really think it tastes like shit. I did this and quit cold turkey, it’s been over 5 years since I touched a cigarette. Make a point of saying NOOOOOO and say it out loud even if you’re by yourself and go to reach or smoke a cigarette, it sounds stupid but it works. Make a game out of it, be a big man, be tough, it’s all about will power not addiction, good luck. Oh, and if you REALLY want to quit, you will, maybe you can’t quit, because you really don’t want to on the inside, even though you tell yourself you do.

When I did it the first time I did it cold turky… It wasn’t as hard as I would think it would of been. But you really want to have to quit. If not it won’t last.

When I quit, it took me 3 attempts. You definately have to want to quit. Also you really want to stay away from doing things like drinking for about 2 weeks because it’s almost impossible to not smoke if you are drinking.

I also quit cold turkey and it wasn’t too bad, mornings are tough not having the morning smoke but other than that as long as you keep busy, you should be alright.

Dan

Just tell yourself that every cigarette pack you don’t have to buy is one more step towards a mod on your car. :smiley:

And don’t beat yourself up if you have an occasional smoke - just make sure you keep reducing your usage over time until you don’t need to anymore. And if you start smoking again, that’s ok too. Everyone I know that tried to quit took several times to be successful at it.

don’t quit is is bad for you.

:E :senior

I have never smoked a cigarette, so obviously I’ve never had to quit. However, here’s what I would do.

Take a full pack of cigarettes, and dump them all over a table. Then select one cigarette and dip it in something clear, odorless, and very poisonous. Then let it dry (assuming the poison is liquid) then put it in with the rest of the cigarettes. Jumble them all up and put them back in the package. That way the knowledge of the poison cigarette would stop me from smoking. There is an obvious flaw to this, but I don’t want anyone to point it out.

hmmm… that may work… gahKKK, URGHGHHHG cough

I gotta point out the flaw… lol.

Dip it in whatever, nastiest shit u can find… u smoke it anyways in the cigarette HAHAHAHA.

Don’t do it. It’s easy as that.

BE A TRUE CANADIAN…DONT SMOKE!!!

Im smoking right now…mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:senior :senior :senior

Well there is that, but that’s not what I was thinking. :E

never started :vom:

http://alberta.quitnet.com/

Amen to that. :E

Your talking about tabacco? I didn’t know you had a drug problem… What is it? Crack? Smack? Wack?.. I think you need help.

I used the patch. I quit in one week , that was four years ago. I had my mind made up already though so it was easier to do. I found the first three days are the toughest If you make it past those you should have no worries.

This is the reason people quit anything. Good for you.

I find that if you addict yourself to something else it works good too, or you change your routine around.

This is the reason people quit anything. Good for you.[/quote]

What I mean is I had decided that paying the government to kill me was a bad decision. There are much better ways to kill yourself.