Anybody here that likes to cook?

i like cooking. when i go camping, im cooking the food 90% of the time.
ive been eyeing a 8" Kyocera ceramic knife for a while now. i want a black one. anyone got one of these?
something like the 2 on the bottom
http://www.chefdepot.net/graphics2/kyocera_knife_set.jpg
i want ceramic because i have thing thing for regular knives, they… well they transfer smells. like if u cut somethin’ and wash it, it can still carry the smell over to the next thing u cut. i really dont like that. i have weird quirks like that, but ceramics cant transfer smells and pretty much stuff doesnt stick to em. i have a buncha knives at home. ive got titanium ones and ive got these sakura pink komachi’s, but i wana get 2 more. i definitely want a ceramic one and a damascus steel chef’s knife. like a 10-12 inch bastard :thumbsup:

i like cooking

I hate cooking, I suck at it. I consider making cereal cooking because its about the only thing I can make.

My mom was a gourmet cook growing up, I was spoiled and never had to go in the kitchen.

BTW, anyone else thought the subject said “cock”?

:rofl

Had to open the thread to realize it was ‘cook’

:shifty :wtf

okay, so thats 2 of you i cant turn my back to :runaway

what about kitchen aide is that brand similar in quality?? i got my mom a full set and they were not cheap let me tell ya, but the reason i mention them is they have silicone handles rather then a typical rubber handle grip found on many knives, Im not sure if the kyocera are better in quality and duriblity because i dont know much about knife brands in the kitchen, but I know the ones i bought cut very well and we have every single one in that picture i think… pretty sure we do anyway.

silicone handles are nice. they feel better. theyre softer than ur traditional wood or plastic handle. ive heard of kitchen aide. i think they make appliances also.

yes they do make appliances, for christmas two years ago i got my mom a kitchen aide mixer… you can buy diffrent attachements too so it functions as more then just a blender.

yea, my mom has something by them also, i think

I have a Full line of Cutco products

/Thread

My aunt has one of those knives, although a cream white color. Pretty expensive too. Sharpest knife I’ve ever used in a kitchen. Teflon cutting board only!!!

Yes i like to cook :slight_smile:

Cutco FTW!

Cutco ain’t shit

Wusthof ftmfw.

ginsu?