Anybody here work for time warner

I need a new job and could use free cable lol i would like to drive around and hook up service. any body here work for time warner in this field?
whats the pay? how are the hours? thanks

also considering cintas delivery and aramark delivery

check out unifirst as well, another uniform company.

I do… but i work in the call center. Check out http://timewarnercable.com/careers

always looking for field techs when I look

I don’t work there but have 4 friends that do.

$13 an hour to start. Health depends what plan you take. Don’t know about the hours. Pretty sure its a 9-5 job. TW mainly hires for Service techs. You get installs but mainly do service work.

yeah i have been to the website but i wanted an opinion from someone not paid by the company to advertise lol

i am coming from a call center and really really really fuckin need to get out of that work

thanks man. it sounds so much better than where i am now

I think TWC just finished their big push for more techs, the last few hirees have been hired as installers, not service…

Hours are 40 +5ish maybe, depending on your office and manager.

No exp, expect 12.5 to start, free cable/internet, $20 phone opt and crazy good health ins.

If you are interested in the install field, look into TWC’s contractors five west, comtec and nationwide, in that order… They are piece work and you can make a decent buck doing installs all day or discos.

Each office (buf, WS, NF) have different shifts, usually each office has around 2-4 different shifts, expect to be on the shittiest shift and after this huge push for new employees, expect to be on that shift for quite some time, shifts are seniority based. They do have some sweet 10 hour shifts and rotating, everyone works sunday or saturday tho.

I always heard TW was a bad place to work for - I hear they hire and then fire.

I was thinking about going their until past employees of that place told me that they are like sweat shops.

I currently work at the Delaware North Companies IT Dept. and love it :slight_smile:

But hey, if you guys like it, thats all that counts.

The 2 years I worked there I never witnessed any “hire and fire” in fact they are pretty easy going and let a lot of bad employees stick around for a long time. The only time I saw them fire anybody was for no call/no show’s on numerous occasions.

Benefits ae great, Jabbu pretty much covered everything else.

i mainly want to be in a car and going places (on company gas). i am tired of being in an office all day. so delivery would be good. get to drive around and get some excercise instead of sitting on my ass all day

i need to get out of my current situation quick so i need to start looking now

stay away from sub contractors

Uh wrong company… Verizon is like that with their hiring process of temps “to perm” positions.

All your info is the first i’ve heard for TW and i’ve never witness or heard of it by anyone around me.

Free cable would be great

From what I’ve been told from my friends that are already field techs, they will be looking for more techs in September.

They are after me to get in over there, but I don’t know if the grass is any greener on that side of the fence so I’m staying at Dish for now.

Never witnessed such. If you end up in the call-center as far as call-centers go you’re in a much better environment in comparison to most other places.

Honestly though I’d rather shovel dog poo than work in an end-user call center again.