anyone change a screen in the iphone 4?

I dropped mine and its cracked. I dont trust myself enough to change it.

Go to apple and bitch u took it outta your pocket and it broke. I know tons of friends that got their whole phone replaced for free

Try that first, if not, I bet I can do it. Assuming there is no little tiny bits to solder involved, Im too shaky for that shit anymore.

Apple is hit or miss with their “warranty.” Sometimes you can go swimming with it tethered to your cock and just swap the phone out for a new one after, other times if you fart on it and it smells they won’t warranty it. :frowning:

spaulding computer (son of spaulding tattoo) fixes that shit no problem. i can get ahold of him for you if you need

:lol :rofl :crackup

I just watched them laugh someone out the door for trying that tonight @ Crossgates.

Ive done for my friend, and my boss’ i4 - not that hard, but there are a lot (20 minimum) of tiny screws, and miny-ribbon cables that you need to be sure not to bend any pins on.

You’ll need some case-opening tools (or jewlers drive-set), and make sure you get the entire front screen and not just the digitizer :facepalm

^ I watched the ‘how-to’ videos on youtube and think i can tackle it myself. Going to order the screen/lcd assembly.

“you get what you pay for”
just get the OE Apple set from Amazon/eBay (~$80) and you’ll be fine

^thats the plan

Thinking about converting it to white now…

I have, and I wont do it again. It’s not to difficult, but requires a lot of patience and a little bit of time. Much more of a pain in the cock then previous iPhone generations.

No you haven’t.