iPhone 4 front screen

Some how managed to break my glass on the front, even with a case on the phone. Or if some one can give me advice on where to get it replaced.

You can’t just buy the front screen. The iPhone 4 is sealed to the digitizer ( no you can not take it apart and reseal it) so you will need the whole front panel with the LCD, glass, and digitizer.

And replacing it on the 4 is a hell of a lot harder than it was on the 3G. I broke mine and just said screw it, paid the $150 for a replacement at Apple. If it’s your first time with something like this happening, they give you the $150 replacement phone and it doesn’t affect your contract at all.

I would not suggest attempting the iphone 4 screen repair unless you’re really comfortable with doing everything in the ifixit guide. It’s really involved and basically has you remove and separate every component on the phone.

If you do attempt it, lay out a couple pieces of printer paper broken up into grids and place each of the different sized screws (there are a bunch, and almost all different size) on their own grid marked with the step # so you know which ridiculously tiny screw goes where when you put it back together.

Ok thanks alot guys, I found a place called Mac pros in the eastern hills mall that will do it, or I can go through insurance and get a new (probably refurb) for $199

If you go the Mac Pros route post back with your experience.

The only problem with them JAYS is they charge $150 to do it, so I’m not sure what the better route is in this situation.

I bought a cheap replacement for $40 bucks off Amazon. The color is not as vibrant and there is a brown spot in the corner. Make sure you get an OEM screen.

Unless you’ve already had Apple replace a broken phone, you can do this without insurance.

You REALLY don’t want to pull apart your digitizer and glass. Its fused together for a reason (The old 3G/3GS had dust under the screens) and once its broken, it will never be the same. Just go to the apple store and get a replacement. The time, money, and risk is not worth it.

broke mine about a week ago, really bad. had a friend change it out. bought the whole front panel with the LCD, glass, and digitizer for $34 and free 2 day shipping off of amazon. took about 2-3 hours but thats because we were being extra careful. no problems since. id go that route imo

just acually ordered one off of there. Ive watched a million videos and it does not seem like that horrible of a job.

Buddy of mine’s business, they’ve done a TON of iphones, macbooks, etc. NYC and Buffalo locations. SUPER cheap