iPhone4 - 16G [Cracked Glass]

Both sides of the glass have been cracked. Was crunched, not dropped - no impact scarring. I’ll have pics up tonight.

Phone still operates flawlessly. Touchscreen works, I just can’t stand looking at it so it’s gotta go.

According to the following link (http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20008892-233.html), the glass is replaceable, however I’m too lazy/unmotivated to fuck around with it so if you want to try, be my guest. I’m simply just going to buy a replacement and try and recoop some of the costs by selling the cracked one.

In the interim, I’ll be researching what these go for, but my buddy said they still fetch a pretty decent price on eBay. I plan on listing it on eBay this evening once I figure out what to ask for it, but if you make an offer before then, I won’t list it.

For now, just shoot me a PM if you’re intereseted. Thanks

Would be sometimes hard to get a decent price since the repair could be anything from $10 up to $200 and no one really knows that without opening it up.

I’ll lowball you and give you $50 for it.

This auction doesn’t end until 4 days from now, and it’s up to 425:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPhone-4-Black-16GB-Cracked-WORKS-perfectly-/120602972821?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item1c147f5295

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-OEM-iphone-4-4G-Touch-Glass-Screen-Digitizer-Black-/220643826064?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item335f659990

Didn’t take long for the replacement glass to show up on eBay. Also explains why you’re getting so much for a broken one.

DOH!.

Geoff I can probably replace the glass for you, if you’d like.

You should at least buy the $15 glass off Ebay and replace it. Depending on where it hit on the iPhone you may get really lucky. I have seen some on Ebay and Craigslist have damage to more than just the glass after a drop so thats why I lowballed :slight_smile:

Newman, definitely appreciate the offer!

Good news, though! Mods, go ahead and close/delete this; I went to apple today and they replaced the phone for a brand new one at no cost! I didn’t even have applecare. Hooray :tup:

howd that work out?!?

I guess free blowjobs go a long way :slight_smile:

Oh man, I really should have taken that 50 bucks you offered me instead!

+1. Real curious how you got the phone replaced for a cracked screen.

And Newman, might want to check out the dissection vid for the iphone 4 before offering. Replacing the front glass on the 4 looks WAY more involved than the front glass on the 3. The 3 came apart from the front, while the 4 comes apart from the back. So to replace the front glass you have to take every single component out of the phone just to get to it. Basically it’s like changing the back plastic on the 3g.

I took it in, explained how I smashed the shit out of both sides of the glass in the hatch of my car. The rep was sympathetic, asked if this was my first iphone, related to my situation by sharing a story about how he left his on the roof of his car. He then explained that since I had no prior claims that this one was “on us”. Next time it would be $199 to replace. He then opened a new one, activated it, took my old one, shook my hand and sent me on my way.

And i just ordered another free bumper with that app lolz

Ha… nice. My free bumper got delivered on Saturday.