repair for iphone 4

hi i have a black iphone 4 with a broken/cracked front screen. does anyone on here replace them? i know newman replaced his a few times but it was a lot simpler on the 3g.

The 4 has the LCD touch screen fused to the glass to stop the dust from getting between the LCD and glass on the old models so you can’t just replace the glass.

You can search around online for a front screen and digitized which could work but its easier to swap it at a store.

i know that, apple wanted 199 to replace it.

I know of several 4s that were fixed @ Apple for free. Give it a try by walking in there and asking nicely.

i did, went there expecting nothing, guy said instead of spending 199 to fix it he would just sell me a new phone for that price… maybe ill try again and see someone else

I just got one of these today. I pay every month my insurance through bestbuy its 15 bucks (only 4 more then verizon) and I can break it as much as I want and go get a new phone with no deductible!

Just went through this for a friend that fucked hers all to hell. Doesn’t seem that bad, as long as you buy a replacement with the LCD.

http://www.directfix.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=GHT&Product_Code=IP-2411&Category_Code=IPHONE4

my girlfriend broke hers by dropping it in a parking lot, went to the apple store and the guy said it’s 199 to repair, but he replaced it for free for her instead.
so I guess maybe you should get a girl to do it?
if you don’t know any, try your mom?

I don’t know about BB specifically but usually those insurance companies will send you a refurb and not a new phone. I’ll never pay for insurance again. Again though, BB may be different.

i guess ill just suck it up and spend 199 on a new one. atleast i can get the white one now

Just went through this with my 4, go to apple as they may give you a brand new one for free especially if this is your first problem. If that fails i have heard of people being able to separate the screen from the glass via a hair dryer, i had no such luck and ended up ordering a new digitizer glass and lcd assembly for around $65. it wasn’t too bad, as long as you have a steady hand and you’re patient.

$199 isnt bad at all for a replacement.

However, most people tend to get it replaced free if you act as ignorant as possible, while being nice.
If one store already said $199, I don’t know how things would work out if you went to another Apple store…

Its most likely you will get a refurb for that price, if it matters to you.

UGHHHH. I have a 3GS and dust is starting to build up between the LCD and top screen… it’s barely 3 months old too. It started when I put it in my pocket for a day. I wanted to kick myself in the face (I tried, my foot can’t go that high). Usually I wear a belt clip for my phone but I didn’t feel like wearing one that day and of course, I see dust under the screen later that day.

ROFLMAO

Go to the apple store and play dumb. They just replaced my water damaged 3gs for free.

Is this something you go to the Apple store for or your phone carrier store? From what I hear, I would assume a phone carrier store would try to jip you.

So over the course of a 2 year contract, you’re gonna pay $360? lol, smart

If you get the screen I can try it… No promises…

i sucked it up and went with a new phone for 199. a new screen was gunna cost me a little over 100 so this was less of a headache. but if i cad a 3g i would of deff let you have a whack at it newman

That’s the biggest loser shit ever.

ZeeTron through Amazon had the glass + LCD pre-bonded for $40. I was going to post the link and offer but looking at the process it’s a huge PITA on the 4. I’ve done a couple 3g’s and they’re nothing compared to the 4. On the 4 replacing the back glass is similar to the front on the 3g. Doing the front of a 4 involves going in through the back and basically tearing every single component out until you get to the front.