Anyone else eerily slow at work lately?

Things are still going strong for us. The construction field for prisons does not really seem to slow down. NY state work has defiantly been alot slower then normal. But lucky for us we go all over the east coast.

i work for a shipping/recing/warehouse. Shit is crazy slow here. I am worried but I was told I am safe. Dunkin Donuts is steady. Sorry to hear about the job loss Derrick.

was laid off the week before t-giving… start my new job Jan 5th, can’t really complain, month vacation, got to work for a MUCH better environment for a little more money, doing school design… Much more stable work than private build

Month, Quarter and Year End for me…and we are closed the last 2 weeks of this month…speeding up till next tuesday.

at least you have other stuff going on you can focus your efforts on and not be struggling for $. :tup:

uhmmm, everything seems OK at cameron. We are slow becuase we are waiting on vendors, but there still offering me overtime so i guess we cant be that slow.

i work at a dealership as a light tech, we,ve been pretty slow lately but no one important has been layed off , some people have been getting sent home early when were completely dead and have no more appointments tho

^^ You work on cars for a living :eek:

We’re doing alright for the month. Most companies are out of money till the 1st of January. Thankfully the trucking business is always pretty strong.

Been pretty slow in all of 2008…

The gvm’t writes our checks thankfully.

Yeah my work is shutting down from the 12/23 to 1/05.

i am making my techs wash a 40 year old cement floor. It is a ghost town.Which is fine all my xmas shopping is now done.

slow as fuck…Layoffs happened today, thankfully I was spared.

How many of you work at Derrick corp? I hear they had like 200 layoffs today.

i just got laid off today from Derrick Corp. :-\

I work at Derrick…did not get laid off

i just got my raise and bonus…

depends how long you’ve been there. im in the machine shop night shift lol. been there for 8 months i knew i was going to be laid off, but 2 ppl got fired from what i know so far… in machine shop that is.

so if you get layed off from derrick before christmas does that mean no christmas bonus as well? that sucks.:frowning:

been there for 2 years in March…figured I’d get laid off.