Anyone else having Adelphia connection problems?

my girlfriend is having similar problems, they are gonna send a tech out. i called and they said that the modem is fine. the link lights arent all on the modem either. they say it could be a problem with the cable being split too many times, im the one who ran the cables and yeah, its split a ton of times. ill let them come and deal with it, but its been out for almost a week now.

hmmm I wonder if that’s the problem… I have my line split but never had a problem until I hooked another TV up off of that line (I’ll only hook the TV up at night[and unplug the modem], so I can watch cable in my bedroom)… kind of doubt it though.
let me know what happens

oops… double post

that could be it then, weak signal, i had that problem and they put in a signal amp to fix it

yeah i was thinking about trying out the signal amp. i know that if TW shows up theyre gonna bitch about the cable being hooked up on both floors

i think it’s actually better with time warner…no problems so far…

don’t forget to update your router’s firmware :slight_smile:

The GF’s was down for a while again today… I guess has been happening since the take over.

I just want to take this moment to lol at those that think it’s due to massive changes in anything but the logo.

Not saying that I think it’s because of the change… just stating that it started around then.

the modem porb couldnt handle an update that they did or something. if you have issues its your modem. motorola modems suck. i need a new one every 3-6 mths

TW told my g/f over the phone that the signal is definitely too weak. they are coming out tomorow to have a look at it.

I called today and they are send out some asshole on thursday as well to check my shitty connection

I finally called Time Warner and they are sending out some asshole thursday to fix my shitty cutting connection

word… other then inital admin style changes, I’m willling to bet that little to nothing system specific changed…?

:dunno:

My shit’s fine. Was crappy day of, and morning following, but that’s it. Fitting the good 'ole merger style.

anyone here figure it out? If I repair my connection thru the LAN status window, it works fine (don;t have to reset the modem). Anyone know what could be f’d up on my end that it’s causing this? It’s not automatically renewing the IP or something?

so fustrating… people can’t get ahold of me if I’m not paying attention and fixing my connection every 20 mins. Starting to tick me off. Looking thru google now

EDIT: ok, so looking thru the modems logs and such, I saw this. What the hell is up with the date “01-01-1970”?

1970-01-01 00:00:133-CriticalD003.0DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.1970-01-01 00:00:036-NoticeM571.1Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets1970-01-01 00:00:133-CriticalD003.0DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.2006-08-30 17:25:093-CriticalT001.0SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing2006-08-30 17:25:093-CriticalT002.0SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing2006-08-30 17:25:083-CriticalT001.0SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing2006-08-30 17:24:583-CriticalT002.0SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing2006-08-30 17:24:583-CriticalT001.0SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing2006-08-30 17:24:573-CriticalT002.0SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing2006-08-30 17:24:573-CriticalT001.0SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing2006-08-30 17:24:553-CriticalT002.0SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing2006-08-30 17:24:553-CriticalT001.0SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing2006-08-30 17:24:516-NoticeM572.0Ds Lock Failed - Reinitialize MAC…

Frequency711000000 Hz Signal To Noise Ratio40.6 dB Power Level0.3 dBmV
The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading
Upstream Value Channel ID7 Frequency38000000 Hz Power55.0 dBmV

reinstall windows and update teh router firmware.

If you don’t want to do this, then verify that the router is good by taking it out of the picture for a week or so, and see if that works.

hes running direct with no router. but i have a suggestion. ill explain myself.

when u plug into broadband internet u are assigned an ip address by ur modem/isp, hence DHCP(dynamic host control protocol i think).

routers work the same way, they assign an ip addresses

so when u have a router, your isp assigns the router an ip, and the router assigns your pc an ip, all of which must be different

so if ur not getting an ip address from ur modem right now, hook up a router

check and see if ur router gets an ip addy from the modem

then look and see if ur computer gets an ip addy from from you router

if ur computer doesnt get a 192.168.1.*** address, then ur cmoputer is fucked

if it does then its fine

if ur router isnt getting an IP from ur ISP, then ur modem/connection is fucked

Justin, yeah… I don;t have a router… just directly connected. I’ll try doing a clean install first. I just did one not long ago, but honestly, I like starting fresh every few months, I already have everything I need to save on seperate partitions so I’ll give it a shot tonight. Thanks bro :tup:

Boardjunkey… thanks for the tips man, I’ll see if I can borrow a router from someone (where is skurge? :P). I was reading alot about the Motorola surfboards and alot of people having similar problems with them, but haven’t found a solution… seems that the cable company’s give 'em a hard time about returning them for another one too… so I’ll do what I can first before going that route.

thanks man
:tup:

just tell them you want to exchange modems grrrrr. i go through these crap surfboards all the time. just give them all the cables and tell them that it goes out but the lights remain connected and that a new modem has solved the issue in the past. theyll give you a new one.