Anyone else own a sentra???

OK here’s a pic of my 03 Spec V

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b167/SpecV180/New%20Brakes/Picture198.jpg

that’s real nice and clean. looks awesome!

1 up
me too
2001 Sentra GLX

Nice ride BTW

I am looking for rims 14" LMK if u guys have anything?

Hi, Mike. Nice to meet you!

I am a proud owner of an ‘02 Sentra XE with 100k On the odometer. Nothing fancy about it. All stock. Black, four door, automatic transmission and even the freakin’ original 4 speaker, CD/radio by Fosgate in in there. Man, does that sound system need an upgrade! The Foos just don’t sound as good as they do in the condo through the Harman Kardon. I imagine my neighbours love it too "D
The only thing I’m considering, besides the sound upgrade, is getting the thing tinted. Yup, I haven’t done a thing to it, except maintain it. Okay, I may want side marker lights, fog lights, a suspension upgrade, a little more oomph for the engine and, hell, why not cut in a sunroof? Oh, speaking of original, I finally replaced the NGK plugs. I replaced them with iridiums, I do notice a little better torque.
I love this little car. I used to own a Jeep YJ before. Impractical Chrysler product. I love the fact that I can haul two other adults and their stuff from Toronto to Niagara Falls and back at an average speed of 120Kms per hour and only used 25 bucks of mid-grade fuel or just over a 1/4 tank. Nice.

I owned a YJ too. i loved that thing! impractical? I could do U-turns on any street, over people’s lawns… when someone is stopped at a red light and ur stuck behind them but u cant make a right cuz they’re blocking the way, I would just drive around them on the sidewalk. It was definatly a man’s car though, girls were scared to ride in it.

hey everybody, im new to this forum, but i live in cambridge and i got a 2003 Sentra SE-R, in red, hopefully i can make the mods i want, but i need some help with info

hey guys! i drive a B15 2002 spec v, just recently started working on it anyone has a good place to get headers and lowering springs?..

Welcome!
PM me and we’ll talk

Mike

would anyone be able to tell me if these cars are good?

i am thinking of getting a sentra or a maxima as a winter beater.
how’s the drive and pick up? is it atleast faster than a civic or corolla?

mileage?

are you looking at a Spec V ,SER, SE,GXE?

Be careful of the ealry (02-03) QR25 motors. Not saying don’t get just make sure the recalls are done and do your research on it.
SE are very good and my GXE has done me well but is by no means a fast car.

hmmm… i’m guessing the SER would probably faster and lower mileage than the other models… hmm, its really just an impulse decision.

the QR25 powered SER’s are torquey, but you can’t go too wild on mod’s. it’s an open deck motor with a very long stroke. i think some of the SE’s came with SR20’s in them, plus they have the highly sought after B15 SR transmissions.

You’re correct, my B15 has the Roller Rocker SR20 engine w/limited slip

Hi all

New to the site, i own a B13. Stock for now i just bought it 5 days ago, im currently, just tuning and fixing tid bits.

I have a question to anyone who can answer it.

I just put in a intake filter Short ram(Ractive Superflow), custom did it myself, and 4 new plantnum NGK G-Power spark plugs, and for some reason the intake roars like crazy, ive had intakes before on cars with header, cam, and exhaust, and they sounded nothing compared to this, i though it was me since i have sensitive hearing,though when i went for a pit stop at timmies, everyone was checking my car out, because i just had made a u-turn from the other side where i steped on the gas but not much,maby up to 4500rpm,and the intake roared, i (don’t have a rpm gauge yet), so later went to an empty long road and floored it on first gear from 0km it grunted nice, when it reached 40km the intake squeeled like a cammed Vtec,(i canged 1st at 42km)same with second gear, could my sentra have advance timming?

later

i raced a vr6 2002 + jetta, from 40km, second gear, he pulled on me till my rear half and then we both just went faster and faster, same position, don’t know if he would have slowly passed me, but we hit 120km so we both stopped. Also went with a yellow turbo protege the 2003 i guess, he floored it , on the highway i did too, he pulled about 1 car than .5 car and we went at it till 150km, from 90km, same positions no one gained anything after he gained 1.5 jumping it,no beeps, then i called it a night, really happy with my sentra, but really confused, because isn’t my sentra supposed to be a mere 110 hp?

let me know whats going on, i may have to race some slower cars to see whats going on with my car.

it may be 115 at the crank,but that’s nissan hp, not honda hp. so that means you have a nice steady climb to your peak power instead of an abrupt spike. the GA also has a longer stroke then bore, longer then even an SR, so that produces a fair amount of torque. factor in the 2100lb curb weight and you have a quick little econobox.

I had a 1983 Datsun Sentra a few years ago. Good car but my dad bought it in the night on a whim for $300. He sold it about a week later for $500, also in the night to a guy that was buying it on a whim. People are fooled by a set of new tires.

Hey Hanzzz

Thanks for the info, you must be really good at what you do, because the way you described, the stroke and bore, and hp vs honda and nissan, was exactly what i was feeling, i do not have the complex know how of engines like you do, but just me feeling the way the car ran, and you describing it in words was like pin point.

My first reaction was the torque curve, its amazing on the GA, so the car felt it moved faster than i expected, what i like about it was the way it carried weight, almost without effort, and that i can enjoy the rpm curve, unlike the honda i had before, more noise than movement.

How much Hp and lbs tq, could i get out of the GA?

and what would it take to run 15.00 1/4. with little weight reduction?

how fast am i running right now with lets say 115hp like you said? Approx.

thanks.

okay, nvm, Hanzz i read your post on my noob thread, i guess GA would have to go out, other than that i like the VE,to me the DE would just be a waist of money, like once my wise friend said “either go all out get the top of the line landcruiser or the base, anything in bitween will have your emotions pulling to both sides realising you waisted money on something you didn’t want” don’t know how much the VE will set me back, though i’ll definately wait because the GA with 130k (now), runs real swell.

lol, good at what i do? I’m a sheetmetal mechanic apprentice, I just really like early 90’s nissan 4 cylinders and engine technology in general.

an SR20VE motorset can go for around +$1600. with an N1 head, N1 or franklin cams, appropriate sized exhaust and maf, and a good tune, u can easily get well over 200whp, prolly around 215 or so. N1 stuff is expensive though, a stock VE is very decent.

dont give up on the GA just yet though, i said it doesnt respond well to N/A mods, however it does respond very well to turbocharging. long stroke motors tend to create more turbulance in the combustion chamber, a turbo likes this. GA’s have proven to be excellent turbo motors, producing very respectable numbers, they also have an iron block, semi closed deck, beefy rods, and are in fact lighter then an SR. your motor would make for a particularly good turbo candidate due to its low milage.

another option is an SR20DET motorset. they can be had for as little as $700 and produce good numbers. they are by far the most popular option because of cost, reliability and ease of installation. however, they dont feel the same way a turbo GA would. they’re not as torquey and tend to make their power above 3000rpm, turbo or not.

if you wanted to be really different, you can actually buy FWD CA18DET motorsets as well. from what i have heard, CA’s are very revvy motors.

I thing a GA16DE-T would be awesome for you since you like the torque, but if you want to gather some info of your own, try:
http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/ - there are multiple GA-T and SR20 projects on this site
http://www.sr20forum.com/ - the place to go if you own a B13/B14, tonnes of invaluable info and cheap parts for sale. to talk to locals, post in the canada section. it doesnt matter if you own an SR, there’s just tonnes of B13’s there.
http://www.se-r.net/index.php - another great site for B13’s