Anyone else trying the Windows 7 Beta?

I plan on putting it on my laptop and the wifeys tonight. I think she will dual boot with XP and I’ll Dual boot with vista… not sure yet though on the dual boot.

Interesting… let me know how it works out.

you can get it legit from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx

looks pretty sweet.

I am using it…I partitioned my HD and just loaded it to that…It is really nice…I like it…I think Microsoft did a good job and have a good start to an awesome OS…

im not, even when vista was released from M$ to try out, i was too lazy to bother to get it, the case now is that im wayy too busy to bother with it, when i get any free time the last thing im trying to do is install a beta M$ OS :slight_smile:

let me know how u like it tho !

I think its hilarious that windows 7 is already being pushed

Im debating weather or not i want to install it. I saw an hour long presentation on it and am impressed with everything there tryibg to do with it. Ill prolly give it a shot one day when im bored. Cant wait for its final release.

Yeah Singh, any free time you have should be devoted to uploading more smilies to the forum.

BTW, Wayne, I’d like to check Windows 7 when you get it operational. I might make the switch a some point.

Downloading now.

I dont have a extra computer and I have no idea how to partition or whatever that word it, so I dunno if I wanna try it lol

OSX FTW :ninja

Been out for a while on torrents. It’s got a lot of cool new features. MS vows major performance increases (either in this release or next).

its only valid untill august

yea tried to install last night… my lappy doesn’t have enough harddrive space and hers doesn’t have the right drivers for vista let alone 7… looks like i’m out.

i could probably install on my lappy if i flushed it, but i’m reluctant to give up a working OS for a beta. especially when it’s near impossible to get drivers for vista for these older laptops… i have mine where i want it right now, i don’t need to be fuckin with it. i would love a new machine but i can’t justify it. mine works awesome the way it is.

Ahh fuck it… I’ll get ahold of it in the next couple days

and benny the alpha build has been on torrents for awhile…

but the beta only got leaked a few weeks before microsoft acctualy released it…

Oh and I found a cool little tid bit looking through pictures of the Windows 7 Beta…

The Default Wallpaper is a Beta Fish :smiley:

At first I couldent think of the name of the fish but I was like wow thats a random desktop…

Very clever microsoft!

yea i saw that last night… i had it up and running on her machine but couldn’t do dick with it. no drivers for wireless card, video card, audio card, or mass storage controller… maybe i should try putting it on something that isn’t over 3 years old? lol

Yea I’d say thats a safe Assumption…

Regardless of what Microsoft says… It may be fast but its still a giant pig and older machines dont like it…

my everyday lappy is a inspiron 9300 … from like 3+ years ago… i had to swap processors to a 1.7ghz (down from a 1.8 stock) and do the “pin trick” just to break the 2.0ghz single core barrier. now runs at 2.27ghz lol! orig had 1 gig of ram now has 2. runs vista really really well. occasional glitch from an unsupported driver but nothing major, ever.

:retardclap

You don’t even know how many people I talk to daily that are pissed our software is Windows only.

u talk to a lot of idiots huh?