anyone ever run these tires??

if so how well do they last, and how good do they hook up either on the track or the street.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+GS-D3&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=25ZR6F1GSD3&fromCompare1=yes

thanks

yeah they are suppose to be awesome for water use equivalent to the firehawk SZ-50’s both good tires and hook well cold or warm or rain. see which is cheaper on your ride

i dont need anything thats good for rain. i need mostly dry

and the goodyears come with a $75 gas card when i buy the set of 4 :cool:

I LIKE EM. i’d say go for the gas card. When i bought my goodyears i didn’t get 1:mad:

Originally posted by sunhawk08
I LIKE EM. i’d say go for the gas card. When i bought my goodyears i didn’t get 1:mad:
you have those exact tires on your sunbird?

They look pretty:tounge: not sure how they would hook:dunno: Why risk it get some drag radials. You saw what a diff. tire makes with Brians car on the street:nono:

yeah, but im not sure i wanna just go with drag radials. they have alot less tred and wear alot faster than regular tires. i was reading up on the reviews of them and came accross this review

was looking for a tire to put on the back o fmy Mustang GT. I have done a little tuning here and a little tweaking there so I am pushing about 80more HP than stock and the stock Goodyears that come on the GT are horrible anyway. These tire hook-up almost as well as a pair of racing slicks. My traction control doesnt come on cause my wheels hardly spin, even under drag race conditions. 340hp firmly planted to the ground. They are wider then their intended rim so they stick out a bit, giving my ass a Porsche look. I still have the stock Goodyears on the front but will replace them soon. I cannot say enough for this tire. If you buy a Mustang GT drive striaght to a Goodyear dealer and get these tires… Then your Mustang will perform like it was meant to. Shame on Ford for putting such a crummy stock tire on a performance car.

anyone else know anything about these?

there round!!!:smiley:

:rolleyes: :3some:

i’m puttin em on my car in the next week or so, soon as my wheels come in. I’ll let u know how they are.

Originally posted by BlkP42E
:rolleyes: :3some:
:crying: :crying:

They’re supposed to be great tires…in the wet and dry. I know of a few e46 M3 owners who are very happy with them.

I have an issue of EVO magazine at home which has a large tire comparison/test and I think it was Eagle F1 GS-D3 that came out on top…I’ll have to check.

:cool: thanks

I recomend Nokian Hakapalitas(i just know my spelling is way off on that one.)

I found the EVO magazine with the tire test. I picked it up in Germany in July, 2002 so it’s a little old…the test was done with a Ford Focus ST170 in a 215/45/17 size.

SUBJECTIVE RANKINGS

Overall

1. Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
  2. ContiSportContact
  3. Toyo Proxes T1-S
  4. Pirelli P7000
  5. Michelin Pilot Sport
  6. Dunlop SP Sport 9000
  7. Bridgestone Potenza S0-3
  8. Avon ZZ3

OBJECTIVE RANKINGS

Dry Handling Times

1. ContiSportContact
  2. Pirelli P7000
  3. Michelin Pilot Sport
  4. Bridgestone Potenza S0-3
  5. Avon ZZ3
  6. Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
  7. Toyo Proxes T1-S
  8. Dunlop SP Sport 9000

Wet Handling Times

1. Toyo Proxes T1-S
  2. Dunlop SP Sport 9000
  3. Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
  4. ContiSportContact
  5. Pirelli P7000
  6. Avon ZZ3
  7. Michelin Pilot Sport
  8. Bridgestone Potenza S0-3

Dry Lateral Grip

1. Bridgestone Potenza S0-3
  2. Michelin Pilot Sport
  3. Toyo Proxes T1-S
  4. Avon ZZ3
  5. Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
  6. Pirelli P7000
  7. ContiSportContact
  8. Dunlop SP Sport 9000

Wet Lateral Grip

1. Dunlop SP Sport 9000 (tie)
    1… Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 (tie)
  2. Toyo Proxes T1-S
  3. ContiSportContact
  4. Michelin Pilot Sport
  5. Pirelli P7000
  6. Avon ZZ3
  7. Bridgestone Potenza S0-3

Dry Slalom

1. Pirelli P7000
  2. Bridgestone Potenza S0-3
  3. Michelin Pilot Sport
  4. Toyo Proxes T1-S
  5. ContiSportContact
  6. Avon ZZ3
  7. Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
  8. Dunlop SP Sport 9000

thanks

chad what size are your tires and the price …i am curious since i am looking for times in the near future

chad for as much as you drive you should just buy a R compound tire… might wear fast, but great traction, not like you drive the stand every single day of the summer anyways…

Originally posted by slowcamaro
chad what size are your tires and the price …i am curious since i am looking for times in the near future
lookin at a 245/50/16

$135/tire

Dom, R compund?? :confused: