Anyone familiar with Norfolk or Virginia Beach? I'm Moving

So I guess I’m moving to virginia beach. keeping my apartment in buffalo, will likely be back here often.

anyone from that area? I’m curious about the bicycle scene. Skateboarding as well. I find most of my friends are from skating or bikes, so those 2 are the big ones. Also curious about hockey (ice, no roller. pick-up, league, whatever). And car forums. A friend and I are starting a motorcycle/car business, so a local car forum would be great.

Also; bar scene. Hate clubs. Like shitty dive bars with girls in skinny jeans.

I’m guessing I’ll have to go to Norfolk to get most of what I want (it’s only 10 miles from where I’ll be living). So that’s cool, whatever I don’t mind driving.

It’s been 6 years since I’ve left Virginia Beach/ Norfolk. Nice area and I especially enjoyed cruising the stripin VA beach, I believe it’s Atlantic Ave. Right by NAS Oceana.

I’m only bringing my 328 down there, so I likely won’t care much for driving aimlessly. it has a few mods but it’s mostly just my dd.

unless you meant the shops. In which case I hate shopping.

um, i spent almost 3 weeks in virginia beach this summer, um from what i gathered most people ride those stupi cruiser bikes, didnt see many skate boarders. theres a couple bars on the boarwalk in virginia beach, but ive noticed mostly black people go there. but virginia beach is way more up beat than buffalo

I love virginia beach! That’s pretty cool to see you starting a business. Best of luck Dre, when is the move?

wow. baller! awesome.

What will you be doing exactly?

Damn dude, when did you decide this?

Good luck!

Good luck, Dre :tup:

I meant just cruising the blvd with various hotels, bars/ clubs and shops. It’s always busy with jailbait, legal vag, and milfs. Just an awesome place in my opinion. Good luck with your future business venture.

BUT

thanks for the well wishes everyone

as much as i love jailbait, I prefer the artsy, eclectic type of girl with some substance. I’m guessing I won’t find much down there. Haven’t really heard anything about galleries etc down there.

not a huge deal though. I’ll be back here half the time anyway.

Honestly those two areas are shitty…Don’t get shot…

My cousin went to Old Dominion which is in that area and the crime was really bad…I lived in Newport News which is 10-15min from those areas…

BTW before someone starts a debate Virginia Beach the tourist area is nice…Im referring to the areas outside of that…

Its redneck/military central…

Dre is OG, real recognize real…

He’ll be fine.

VA Beach i’m pretty sure has no skating, bike scene, since the cops have sticks far up their asses… they will ticket you for everything. (old roommate just entered the academy for them lol)

as for bars… there is a pretty decent strip of bars. but it seems like the dive bars have turned into black bars. umm there was one place that frequently had a rise against cover band, but no chicks with tight jeans… just a bunch of yuppies.

If i can find out the name I’ll let you know I had a great time there.

Just remember Kokomo’s is cougar city, and Hot tuna is a military safe haven. All the local chicks HATE Military guys, so you should easily pull in lots of tail. But with a Navy Seal (group? IDK what they call squadrons in the navy) everyone is a Navy Seal Imitator there with big fucking egos and ready to brawl. Where as the real navy seals, they actually are the opposite lol and few and far between

Good luck.

My friend was living there while he was in the Navy.
It was towed from his shop’s lot. IIRC, It was stolen twice while he lived there and he got it back both times…

Don’t you hang around Allen/Elmwood bars? hmm

I hope you find a new love of NASCAR :slight_smile:

vadriven is the local virgina nyspeed.

you are not allowed to cruise the main strip in va beach since there is some dumb rule about it and the cops will pull you over

there is a no swear rule in va beach also if you get caught you will get ticketed.

i think va beach is overrated its the typical boring all the same beach shops with a few over priced surf shops.

:tup: to a new business, i go down to va beach a few times a summer, actually i just had a wedding down there on friday.

weird. I just went to register, and apparently I’m already a member.

You last visited: 05-20-2007 at 01:39 PM

how bout that

wtf?