Anyone going to LV this wednesday!? again.

Good runs last night. Keep working on your times Smokin, ignore the haters.

Smokin you have the trap speed to be mid/low 12’s. Your 60ft sucks really bad. Even with streets you should be able to pull a 2.1 minimum. You are launching WAY to high at 4K. You don’t have the tire or gear setup for that on streets. I launched the vette at 2500K and pulled a 2.1 60’. I’m personally not happy with that but it is better than a 2.5!

IMO the reason you are bogging is because you are launching to HIGH not to low. If you launch at 2500K and feather the clutch before the drop, and adjust your gas pedal when necc, you should have a much better ET. If you are launching at 2500K there is no room to bogg, only to move out. Try it. If you can’t do it, I want to try.

Wayne, I have a solution for your Cobra trans. Upgrade to the twin stick trans like Pappy:

ahhh the man has spoken

If I decide to go back up there once this year before it ends your welcome to play around with it again. Im going to try to go out to my tuner some time within the next week or two and get a re-tune…after seeing it puff black smoke between shifts and on the dyno reading 10.9 AFR’s on top end theirs alot more left in it if we lean it out. Not to mention throttle response will be better.

shhhhh your vette isn’t cammed. His cam eliminates the possibility of launching at a low RPM. It doesn’t have any power down there.

god i love that video.

Hell yea, you should get another mph or two out of the tune anyway. between that and the launch you should be right there. and FYI that trap @ your weight is good for a high eleven on a slick. :thumbup

yah…this was the first time I ever tried launching it above 3k. Usually I just leave around 2500rpms but that gets me a bog too. I just need more seat time from a dig. I will figure it out sooner or later.

yah I know thats what Charles (my tuner) told me. Problem is, on slicks with stock 10 bolt and a 1.6-1.7 60’ = 10 bolt death. I need a aftermarket rear before I can do anything like that. The weak link in f-body is the 7.5" rear. Why they threw in a 350hp motor stock, a tranny that can hold 800hp and a freaken 4 cylinder S10 rear end is beyond me. The mechanics must have been drunk that day.

bean counters bro. the same reason my t-56 is FUCKING CABLE CLUTCHED. That’s it, I’m punching the first accountant i see today in the fucking face. :thumbup

Cable clutch FTW. :ponder

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

bad idea…he will be ss sidewayss bigtime

it says they dont but they really dont give a fuck anymore…just like the open headers i seen at least 3 cars that had open headers…

I’m no Shady, but sounds like Smokin needs practice slipping the clutch and lower rpms :lol

he just needs to get a feel for slipping it, thats 100% where his problem lies. i think he’s right on with launch RPM.

that’s where that car makes all it’s power, so you want to slip the clutch and try to keep the motor in its powerband without breaking traction.

Wayne back off, I’m bench racing here :rofl

you still havent beat me, go get that bottle. and 91 in the 1/8th

i cut a 2.1 on street tires. so you trap 115.x with 400+ hp in your V8, my little 1.8litre went 114 on pump gas and pulls you on the highway. what point are you trying to prove? that you suck at driving? we are well aware of that already

Lol at the clown with a 125 boot not running faster then a head cam crap tuned ss

how do you trap 91 in the 1/8th?? I trapped 98 in the 1/8th 3 times last night.

you wonder why alot of people hate you on this forum. Everytime you post your a 100% cock sucking dick head then in person you want to rub everyone’s nuts.

i dont care about everyone on here, but apparently you care about opinions.

i duno how it trap 91, maybe because i make 300hp.

and sssmokinnn if you went 98 in the 1/8 you should be an 11.30 @ 118-120 car, learn how to drive.

No shit I need to learn how to drive what the fuck do you think im trying to do?

you wonder why I dont go to the track and run…because fucking dick heads like you give it to me after the fact…and you also give me shit if I dont go. Just do me a favor and shut the fuck up.

try harder. you dont need to be at LVD to practice clutch slippage on launch…