Anyone going to LV this wednesday!? again.

thank you. hopefully he will listen as its not just me saying this…

I know what your saying. Wayne got it out of the whole better then I did.

It looked like I was babying it ouf of the whole because it bogg’s to all hell. I was launching at 4k and it drops right to 1k as soon as you start rolling.

trade ya the torque arm for my old T76 turbo??

4k -> 1k = nasty bog… 6-6500 launch = good idea…

5000-6000 probly gonna have to let the clutch out slower and once she gets moving might not be able to go 100 percent throttle.

you and i seem to be on the same page here… glad i have some backup.

I can easily solve this Bogg issue with 4.10 gears. The car needs them anyways to really wake it up.

FML im not at 100 percent throttle til third gear lol. i was a full second off my mark when i started, just kept at it.

finally ended up with a 12.8@116.4 with a 2.1 sixty foot.

if i launch at anything higher then say 3000 i spin, however wheel hop FTL

I like your car. Its so clean.

not entirely true… they may help it but you’re still going to need to learn to feather throttle and clutch modulation to get out of the hole properly.

bogg issue could be gone, might have to worry about more tire spin though, its all a balancing act. we can talk all we want on here, but practice is the only thing thats gonna improve it. GL

thanks, its got its tiny issues, but runs great. was a good night for me.

you dont know shit about my car or setup

my setup isnt complete with this cam without 4.10 gears. Its a MUST I just havent gotten to it yet. 4.10’s makes it a much wider power band everywhere in the rpms opposed to the 4-6800rpm power band I have now. This cam isnt even recommended for cars with anything lower then a 3.73 rear.

stop trying to play tough guy… im giving you realistic advice… i could give a fuck about your cam… the cam changes where the MOTOR makes power… not the multiplication factor of the final drive ratio by rear end gears. it is NOT a must. its beneficial for torque multiplication. either way that doesnt change the fact you will need to learn to feather the fuckin throttle and work on how you let the clutch out… as i said previously… put your fuckin e muscles/brain away and listen to advice for once.

every thread i see n97sohc in … an argument follows :facepalm

whyyyyyyyy

/rant

115.3 would round DOWN to 115. :excited

so on street tires my GTi is still quicker with a 13.1 on a 2.1 60ft

and 12.8 on a 2.3 60ft on SLICKS :ponder

its ok ssssmokinnnn get some front runners and go run on manish tires… true “man” tires on a RWD car are 28" or bigger, but its a start right

on the WASTEGATE only??

not bad for your junk tires and 9ish PSI :thumbup

do they allow slicks on the wed test and tunes? it says on their website they dont… just clarifying

I went 13.1 @ 116 on street tires with a 2.5 60’!..there for that makes my car on street tires quicker then your GTI on street tires.

im jw but what are your 1/8th mph’s??

lets clear this up a little bit, first run for me after talking with drew he said he was bogging bad. i gave it more rpms and a good burnout. i don’t think i should’ve touched the tire pressures. anyway, i launched at 5k not feathering the clutch very much, and it just spun. bad.

second run i had a much better feel for the clutch and car, got it out of the hole OK, launching at 4-4500 and slipping the clutch. cut a 2.3. i am confident with a few more passes i can cut 2.1s on the street tires no problem. it’s all in the clutch with his car.

what fucked that second run up for me, is i shifted out of first a little higher in the power band and when i hit second it was like ice skating. i had to get completely out of it. i really don’t think the tires like the lower pressure. i say run em where you had em next time Drew. That pass would’ve put you in the 12s, if i wasn’t banging gears like i was in a semi truck.

For the record, GM definitely has the better version of clutch / transmission for T-56s. You can shift the fuck out of that car. Mine and Daves suck balls. Due to last nights / saturdays events i now have time to further investigate.