Anyone have a Pilot bearing puller?

I need a pilot bearing puller or an inside gear puller that can fit into a sub 1" hole so I can pull my pilot bushing converter. Help me and you will get super duper hamster gifts. :smiley:

hey a windshild wiper puller might work form CT. Or you can use 2 pick’s. when i did mine it came out with my finger it was so woren.

If its a pilot from a manual engine you could stuff it with grease, and then stick something in the hole that is slightly smaller, the grease should get in between the bushing and where it sits and just push it out.

It’s an engine that had an auto tranny bolted up so it doesn’t have the same type of bearing as the manual.

Aye, then you just gotta revert to good old fashioned bashing… I had to do it on my current KA, Adam or Andrew could tell you how its done :wink:

i have one but its at work i can get it tuesday if you want or if your gonna go to the west end wednesday meet…beats bashing but meh up to you

I have removed plenty of auto pilot bushings.

This is what tools u need :

1.Vice grips

1. mini sledge

2. pry bar or rod u can put inbetween the jaws of the vice grips

3. propaine torch

Now you grip the bushing with vice grips put the pry bar inbetween the jaws and against the motor.

Heat up around the pilot bushing and wack the pry bar with the hammer, be careful heating up around the bushing sicne there is the rear main seal in the area and its rubber.

this has worked for me 4 times, it will work for you.

Thanks for the advice Avery. I might have a line on a tool but if that falls through I’ll try something different.

http://www.princessauto.com

:wink:

Mike I did Maurices by shuving a metal rod that just fit inside the auto pilot bushing. Then I proceeded to bash on the rod with a sledge hammer untill the damn thing lossened up. Then I yanking it out with the rod. Getting it off the rod was another story lol.

Hope that helps,
Andrew.