auto pilot bearing

ok ok be4 i get stuck i just want to know how u people would remove a auto pilot bearing cuz it look tuff FORD TUFF

do it the chase way.
yah right

get a fucking puller from ur work u goofball

ok buddy, i went through this very recently.

easiest way to have it out in a minute is to get one of those… ummm shit i forget. Like a monkey wrench, but it locks and its bigger. Used for plumbing alot. anyways, grab the pilot bushing using that and get another person to hold the crank with another adjustabe wrench from the other side in the middle of the pulley. You sway side to side while pulling and he holds it still. It’ll be out in a minute.

GL.

Brandon, the pilot bearing puller won’t work for the auto pilot bearings because the lip is SOO thin the puller can’t get ahold of it. Trust me on this one. It cost me 4 days of work and 3 manual pilot bearings, don’t ask lol.

Maybe your right, im assuming it would work because i’ve changed MT to MT bearings.

But the AT and MT are different, so im not doubting you at all. good to know.

Could also be a different pulling tool as well that could do the trick…

I looked around, and found nothing. So we improvised and it worked within a MINUTE :slight_smile:

DOOD, go to Princess auto and buy their bushing puller kit, pull the auto bushing out and then return the tool.

Worked for me.

^ I tried this too, ended up very carefully using a 3/4" drill bit.

holy crap… pullers & drills eh…

pack the friggin hole FILL of grease and stick something in the same DIA as the bushing and give it one hell of a whack… grease gets pushed in behind the bushing and POP, falls right out.

oh, ps “Pilot Bushing” as its no where close to being a bearing :wink:

i tryed the grease filler thingy no dice i tryed the pilot bering puller no dice but that other thingy with the holding on to the bearing and wiggling it off while buddy holds the motor from cranking from the front that took honeslty 1 min i give that a 11 out of 10 nicely done sir thank you

YAY my method worked again!!

Glad I could help you out buddy! Enjoy the swap. Don’t let the tranny fall on your face. Ask Orlando… it hurts LOL. If you need any extra hands I might be able to come by and help since I just recently did this. Let me know bud.