Anyone have any experience with Fox-Rent-A-Car?

I booked with them for the second half of my honeymoon. I have read mixed reviews. I’d like to hear some actual experience.

Where are you renting?

I had to search my gmail to figure out where I used them, now I remember.

I used them in LAX a couple years back. The rental agent was a total dick head when I got there. I already have premium insurance ($19.99/trip) with my Amex card, and he was really working it to get me to buy their insurance after I told him five times I didn’t want it. Then he tried some bullshit asking me for a copy of my insurance. I knew my rights, and told him I did not have to show him any insurance, nor do I have to buy any extras from him.

At that point, he walked away muttering something in spanish, and threw the keys on the desk towards me (seriously threw them overhand down on the desk), then just walked away. I asked him where the car was located, and he pretended like he didn’t hear me, and just kept walking away.

I ended up with a pile of shit kia sedan of some kind with 65k on it, whipped to hell.

I wouldn’t use fox again, most of their fleet is older with much more miles than you will see with other car rentals.

The only other Cheapo car rental place I have had real good luck with is payless. Both times in orlando I was given a pretty much brand new car with under 1k miles on them. The last one was a yaris that hadn’t even been totally dealer prepped yet. It still had plastic on the back seat. The attendant had to take that off before we took off…

Hertz took over a couple of the cheapo car rental places recently, I forget which ones, but when you go to their counter, you actually pick from the Hertz lot.

Where are you going, I can offer some advice? Some places have such high airport fees that you can save hundreds of bucks just taking a 10 dollar cab to an off airport rental facility, but you can return at the airport for no extra charge.

We are flying into San Fran, and touring down to San Diego. Highway one!

you have a 328xi?

horror. shock.

It replaced the wife’s Mini Cooper S. So far it is a very nice car!

I’ll have to dig a little…but I had a great experience with a 2011 Mustang convert for dirt cheap when I did the Pacifid Coast Highway.

I’ve used Fox twice on seperate occasions into LA. Yes, the cars are more beat…yes, customer service can be risky. My experiences were possitive…but if I were doing a memorable trip such as PCH I wouldn’t go too cheap on the car…trust me, you’ll WANT a convert with some decent power on that drive!!!

LAX is usually the cheapest place in the country to rent a car. Go on www.carrentals.com and see who has a deal, then poke around the travel forums and grab some discount codes.

Lately I have been using AX10 with an american express card, then renting the dollar/thrifty “wild car” which is midsize or larger for a few bucks more then economy.

A couple days before your trip, throw down a cheap ass offer on priceline, and see if you can get 40-50 percent off, if that works then just cancel your other reservation (no penalty)…

If priceline won’t budge, you still have a reservation from someone else.

http://sr20de.homestead.com/files/carpictures/carfox.jpeg

why even bother “cheaping out” on your honeymoon…

go with somebody reliable and dont chance ruining it

You can still get decent deals man. With the lock low midsize or larger deal, you always get a good car. I had a toyota SUV before, and a mustang hard top the time before that. The worst car that I got was a new sonata, and that wasn’t bad either. I guess you can rent a caddy for the premium car, but i don’t see it being worth it, they are usually whipped to shit.