Anyone have experience with romulator?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone on here used or knows more about romulator and live edit?

Any people worked with these or know of those who have?

I’ve been contemplating on building a carputer setup heh. Check www.mp3car.com I knew of this from a few years back when I was into HTPC buildups…

While contemplating on my dilema of hosting 220GB+ of mp3s in a car… I thought why not build a carputer? This would be a long term project though… (People have varried their builds from CD/DVD, mp3, GPS, bluetooth phone, voice commands, car stats/diagnostics, etc…)

Along the way I read up on romulator and live edit so I thought I’d ask if anyone knows more. There was only maybe 4 finds on mp3car.com in regards to other fellow s13/s14 owners into this.

I use a romulator to simulate fuel maps for my CA, but I can’t tell from your post what your question is…

i have used it several times.

you basically can edit your stock ecu bin files to control fuel, timing and forth.

the only issue with live edit is that you gotta burn the chip and then install it back in the ecu.

unless you can come up with some sort of emulation that will allow on the fly changes.

the basis is that you have a address files which allocates data to the corisponding address ports and then you load the stock bin file and modify.

save and burn and you got a ready chip to install.

Sounds complicated, it is.

Radek

He specifically asked about the romulator which is the EPROM emulator htat allows you to do quick modifications.

It’s not really all that hard.