Questions about BikiRom

Has anyone on here actually used it, and what are your thoughts? I’ve read the big thread on tuning which Gonad started, and apparently he ended up not going with the bikiRom.

Basically what I’m looking for is information on bikiRom’s:
-Ease of use (I’m quite adept with computers, and have a decent hand at programing)

-Support through local people, I’m on the bikiRom forum, and apparently getting help from there is a bit sketch.

-Actual capabilities as far as tuning

And basically any other general info people can provide on the bikiRom.

I’m looking for something fairly robust, and tweakable, I’d like to stay away from a mail-in tune, like Enthalpy or JWT, as much as I’m aware of their credibility. Unfortunately, PFC, and the like are a touch out of my range right now, though I’m not above springing for something like that if it’s my best option.

As far of my understanding of the Bikirom, it operates the same way an eprom-emulator would work, except for it’s all on board. What i mean by this is, your standard ROM tuned ecu, be it tomei, blitz, TEC, etc etc are Just tweaked eproms that replace the factory rom.
What an eprom emulator does is it stores that data in a device that you can connect to your computer and change the values without constantly pulling the prom, reading it, updating it and re-flashing it, then reinstalling it.

The beauty of the bikiRom is that it combines all of this into 1 system in your standard ECU. You don’t need the third party software and the emulator and have to worry about compatibility issues, it comes with everything you need and it just works.

Anyways, thats my take on the BikiRom setup

nods I’m aware of how it works, and yeah, that pretty much sums it up, but I’ve heard there are issues with support, and with it not working properly, so I’m hoping someone around here has maybe had some experience with it.

Worth noting, I have an S14 Blacktop.

Thanks for the input though… However, that does give me an idea, I suppose I could find the values of a insert tuned ecu here and apply them directly to the BikiRom, then tweak from there, rather than trying to just go right from base. Does anyone know where I might find those values?

I think Phil (s14_2nv) is using BikiRom for his KA-T setup.