Anyone have sensitive teeth? How do you deal with it?

Over the past year or so I’ve been noticing my gums have been receding(sp) and I’ve brought it up with my dentist and his response is “oh you must be grinding your teeth at night”…ok well its not exactly something I can control since Im unconsciously grinding my teeth. Anyway, this past week Ive noticed my back upper molar has so much tooth showing that its sensitive to everything and its starting to hurt/get that cold feeling. Anyone else have or noticed a receding gum line? If so How do you deal with it? Apparently gums don’t grow back so I’m pretty fucked as far as I’m concerned.

ib4someonetellsyoutobrushyourteeth

i really dont have any thing for ya man… sorry

Sensadine works.
Other then that avoid heat transfers
I.e eating something hot, the drinking something really cold seconds later.
Avoid citrus, atleast for me I cant touch any of those homo drinks, like sky blue or hynotiq ect. I cant eat life savers or any kind of like citrus candy.
However I have no problem with like oranges or cranberrys ect.
Get a second opinion aswell, they should never tell you theres nothing you can do.

haha I brush my teeth/floss/listerine…and go to regular checkups…ill check out sensadine paste see if that helps.

Yea sensodyne works really good, but you as yourself knows what to eat or drink. Me personaly i know when not to eat chocolate or drink to much pepsi. If all else fails get dentures or the implant teeth.

go 2 lancaster dental…

sensodyne.

Get a mouthpiece, roommate of mine used to use one to stop himself grinding.

arm & hammer sensitive… i’ve used it for 6-8 years now, cant use anything else…

helps a ton.

My teeth are just like that. I’ve been using sensodyne for over 10 years and it works great. The catch is that you have to keep using it because once you stop your teeth will become sensitive again.

I grind pretty bad and need a guard for sleeping at night. You can pick up one pretty cheap (>100) that you just bite your front teeth and it prevents the the rest of your teeth from making contact. Or if your bad like me, you may need a full guard, which cost be about 200 bucks