Anyone have torque specs for a Garrett Turbo housing?

I pulled my turbo off today so that I could clock it 180 from where it is now, so I can run my charge pipe easier. Does anyone have a torque spec listing of the garrett turbo’s, so I know how much to re-torque down the compressor housing bolts?

Thanks

–mark

I’d go with “tight enough, but don’t strip them.”

goto the limit engineering wesite, all the specs should be there, they only deal with garrett

I may end up doing haenszels method here :stuck_out_tongue: I have it clocked, and just tight enough with an open end wrench so that it doesnt spin around anymore. Before the outlet was facing down, and then the charge pipe was super close to the axel, rubbing on the alternator, and then dangerously close to the crank pulley. This new way it will be less bends, and clear of any moving parts.

:headbang:

–mark

edit : shit, i’m on todd’s name :stuck_out_tongue:

I got the turbo back on, so no need to post the torque specs. This thread is over :slight_smile:

/posts

did you have room for the NX nossle to the firewall? Id have least a 1/2 for movment…-studderin

if you just tightened them to “good enough” i’d check them frequently at first. I know of 3 people, myself included, that had compressor housings loosen up.

once I get the correct specs, i’ll confirm, but I got them to very close to where they were when I loosened them up. Its better to be safe then sorry though.

And yeah john, I was able to fit my -8 AN NX line along the firewall.

–mark