Anyone have Verizon Fios??????

My wife and I are buying a house in Scotia, and are thinking about Verizon Fios. They are offering all 3 services right now for $84.99 and a $250 Visa gift card to sign up. I honestly dislike Timewarner due to all the bullshit they have been pulling with different channels and think we want to change. I would rather not use DirecTV.

How is the service with Fios? Im getting mixed reviews from friends, some love it, some hate it

As far as speeds go it’s awesome, I think you’d be right around 20 megs up and down.

The cons are it’s not available in all areas and you’re most likely to run into the same customer service issues that Time Warner has.

For example a friend of mine lives in Rotterdam and wanted to get the service but Verizon said the pole in front of his house wasn’t “recognized” in the system as being a Fios carrier. They told him they needed an an engineering report on the pole and now 3 years later he doesn’t have Fios. It’s not like he lives in the middle of nowhere either.

Service calls are terrible, the service itself is good but are you under contract with TWC? If so you have to pay an outrageous termination fee. And dont get caught up in Verizon prices, after one year is up your rates will be the same if not higher then what you pay right now.

^TWC doesn’t have contracts… fyi

I thought they used too? Oh well either way like I said the Verizon price are just to get you switch.

Yea, I hear ya. We do the same thing here, give great prices, then they go up…
everybody does it.
But, no contracts/hidden fees @TWC >****

Yep, TWC only has contracts on business class. Fuck Verizon.

Call twc tell them you want to shut down the account they will give you a deal for another yr. If not shut it down and open it in your wifes name.

18:10:42 TWC sales rep enters thread.
18:10:57 TWC sales rep exits thread

Just cancelled my TWC yesterday, They have already called me a bunch of times about it.

twc has a quiet “stepping stone” program as they call it… correct Sully?

You complain after a hike and ask to be put in stepping stones and its a guarenteed slower incremental hike

jammer… relax

Yea J, there’s plenty of ways to reduce costs.

Btw, when the hell are you gonna let me pay you? Lol. I didn’t forget , just so you know. Lmk where/when we can meet up.

TWC is slow as fuck for internet. plus they are douchebags too. unfortunately, im stuck with them and their shitty service that cuts out all the time.

Huh??? Slow compared to WHAT? I consistantly download at 3mb/s… FIOS is the only service that even holds a candle to it and it costs more…

verizon 4g/lte and even 3g at times.

My 4G is close, but its not nearly as consistant. 3G is slower than DSL even… lol

TWC has pretty aweseome “standard” speeds compared to other cable companies in other areas

Actually thinking of upgrading to wideband pretty soon… exspensive but well worth it IMO

As far as their service cutting out, I’d suggest calling them and asking them to check the lines running to your house, I had a similar issue a few years ago, some old ass coax wire mixed with the line outside having moisture in it made for some shitty times.

Also try replacing your modem, they do go shitty perodically it seems. Every couple of years it seems I have dropout issues that are fixed with a swapped out modem.

i have a new modem from them as well as a new router. im not the only one in the area having problems with them cutting out.

Well then it sounds like the junction box and the wires leading to it need to be checked for integrity

I’d hound them until they did it.