Anyone here have DMV knowledge ?

Lokking for someone on here who has a solid knowledge (not speculation) regarding a recent DMV sutuation. Don’t want to get into a drawn out discussion. Please PM me if you would. Thanks in advance.

PM Pauly

post the situation and let us argue about it! geeze…

What does the ‘situation’ regard?

This.

But pauly is your guy, Idk if he’s on here much anymore though

Accidental lapse of insurance. Think my recent calls answered my suspicions. Thanks.

Does Pauly have a screen name or is that it?

Pauly is his user name: http://www.nyspeed.com/member.php?1502-Pauly

Thanks.

Any time.

so what is the situation?

Due to a stupid paperwork snaffu (on my end) my business auto policy lapsed and now the DMV wants the plates for somewhere in the neighborhood of two months. Problem is it’s my only truck and I need to be able to move equipment. They don’t want fine money, happened once before (within the last 36 months) under similar circumstances, they want the plates. Don’t mind paying a fine but I’m told that’s not an option here.

So turn in the plates and get new ones?

I’m affraid i dont know much about reg. stuff and insurance lapse issues, sorry. i would probally call albany and speak to someone in tech services they may be able to help. Dont contact local auto bureau they are usually clueless. i have heard that if your vehicle is out of service while the lapse was in effect (and you can prove it, like it was in a shop being repaired etc…) they will usually recind the lapse suspension.

I will try that. They have already told me I cannot even register another vehicle in my name because if this. I will try to contact Albany asap. Thanks again.

You can’t. Once it has been done more than once in 36 months and they won’t let you pay the fine you are screwed. Someone else can register and insure the vehicle however they cannot have the same last name nor the same address. They will also have to sign an affidavit that they will not let you operate the vehicle untill the period set in time has passed. He cannot register any vehicle in that time period and he is unable to drive the vehicle in question at all untill the period has completed.

Oh, yea. You are probably fucked. Might want to look into a long term penske rental or hire a driver/mover

NY seriously sucks ass.

Posted from tapatalk

Near the end of my options on the reg suspension. Groveling, begging, and pleading has got me about as far as I expected. One other thought I’d like some feedback on. Can’t reg in NY, can’t have someone else reg in their name. How about registering in PA? Couple hour drive. Do states team up to screw people in this situation? Thoughts?

Twice in the past 36 months?? Inexcusable. You get what you deserve…