Anyone in Buffalo area have their car appraised?

just did this a couple months ago for my karmann ghia… it is a classic policy through hagerty…like $120/year for an agreed value and liability coverage equal to my normal policies. i had to prove that i have a “regular use” vehicle insured with a different company although i don’t believe there is any mileage limit for the year. they didn’t require any appraisal or anything, just a front and side picture for the file. i set the agreed value high enough to recover my investment plus a little more as i expect to continue to be putting money into it for the policy term.

many years ago i did have my beetle appraised as part of the insurance process…can’t remember how much it cost or the details. they definitely used the appraisal to establish the value for coverage though.

I just started a policy through American modern. Process couldn’t have been any easier, they have a partnership with geico so I started the call with them. Pay $200/year for full coverage no deductibles 7500 miles a year ability to drive to work twice a week. Most of the info was over the phone, had to fax my signature and email a couple pics of the car. Must have a dd and garage which you probably do so you should be set.

Good Info…thank you

this guy is coming from Rochester to appraise my car. $225 bucks or $175 if you go to him. he rates engine, interior, paint, and car as a whole. 4 page report and its accepted by all insurance companies. so he said atleast. Mine (statefarm) will accept it. He’s coming to do my car in a week or two.

http://www.i-van.org/barrett.htm

I wonder if we could organize a meet and have him do 3 cars while he is down here. I am going out of town for the 4th but it may be worth looking in to.

If you guys are going to state what your premium is, you should state your limits too, otherwise it may start a shitstorm of “well he got this for this and I am paying this for that…” A $200 premium for 25/50 is totally different than a $200 premium for 100/300.

I know I atleast have 100/300